Cleanse

Options
anybody done a body or colon cleanse?? which one did u do?? how well did it work??

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I've never done a colon cleanse. I've done the Beachbody 2-Day Fast and the Shakeology Cleanse. Got great results from both, but like the Shakeology one better since you could eat real food during the day.
  • blacktallon
    Options
    Ive never tried any cleanses.. but I did increase my fibre either through food or a supplement. I did notice it made a difference.
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm actually interested in finding out the answer for this question myself - I know a few people that cleanse once a month but I also wanted to know how often it should be done.
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have done a cleanse by Vitazan. It's an intense 14 day cleanse, where 4 days is fasting. I needed to do it because my intestines were in HORRIBLE shape... and all my doc wanted to do was to prescribe anti-depressants (which I did NOT need). I had no choice but to go herbal. I saw a lady that does live blood analysis. She basically saved my life. I would not suggest doing this one, unless under someone's supervision. Good luck! Be careful of cleanses.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are unnecessary unless you have health problems causing your organs to not work right. Your body is designed to cleanse itself - that's what the liver, kidneys and digestive system do. Drink enough water, eat enough fiber and you'll be fine. No need to waste money on special pills/drinks/concoctions to do what your body does naturally. If you have a ton of stuff "stuck" or built-up in your colon, then you have health problems that need to be addressed by a doctor.

Here is some advice from a doctor who specializes in this topic:
    Although doctors prescribe colon cleansing as preparation for medical procedures such as colonoscopy, most don't recommend colon cleansing for detoxification. Their reasoning is simple: Your digestive system and bowel naturally eliminate waste material and bacteria — your body doesn't need colon cleansing to do this.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colon-cleansing/AN00065
  • Frumpy2Fit
    Frumpy2Fit Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Cleanses are essential to your body. Unless you truly live off the land and eat completely clean, raw foods there are things your body can't even process. Cleanses help bring you back into balance. HOWEVER, they should not be done more than every 6 months or so. They shouldn't be a crutch just to lose weight.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I do Nature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse about every 6 months. I don't do it for weight loss or anything like that, but it's a really gentle 14 day cleanse, and I love the way I feel afterwards!
  • amyfour
    amyfour Posts: 2
    Options
    I have done the Shakeology 3 day cleanse, I get the shakes at shakeforfitness.com, it great because you have two shakes a day, two fruits and a salad with 3 oz meat for one meal. I lost 3 lbs after it and it stayed off
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are essential to your body. Unless you truly live off the land and eat completely clean, raw foods there are things your body can't even process. Cleanses help bring you back into balance. HOWEVER, they should not be done more than every 6 months or so. They shouldn't be a crutch just to lose weight.

Like what? What is your body not able to cleanse itself from?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

Like what? What is your body not able to cleanse itself from?

Was about to post the same thing. I find it a bit silly to say cleanses are essential... your body is designed to cleanse itself!! Your body simply excretes anything it can't digest/process. Like when I ate a granola bar made with uncooked quinoa... which apparently isn't digested well in my body. :laugh:

As I said before, if someone needs a cleanse because they have a bunch of stuff built up in their digestive system, then that means their digestive system is not working properly and they should probably see a doctor about it!
  • jkey2004
    jkey2004 Posts: 21
    Options
    anybody else done a cleanse?? IDK which one to get.