Tummy tuck!

Options
bvttercvp
bvttercvp Posts: 18 Member
Hey guys!

I have about 116 pounds left to lose, and because I've been heavy my entire life, I'm already planning for/anticipating having to have surgery to remove that excess skin.

I understand that I don't know what my body will look like after the weight is lost, but I am a planner, so I have to know all of my options.

I'm just looking to find out information from others who have already gone through this experience. What was the recovery process like for you? How long until you felt back to normal? Are you happy with your results? What's the best/worst part of the entire experience?

Replies

• LosingIt2022
    LosingIt2022 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the real self website - lots of info and before/after pics. I'm like yourself - planning for the worst and hoping for the best :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Are you done having children?
  • bellabonbons
    bellabonbons Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck and love the results. Just BE CERTAIN to follow your cosmetic surgeon's instructions precisely after surgery to ensure proper healing. I flew to Boston from the Midwest for my surgery and stayed 10 days to be near my surgeon to be monitored after the surgery. The hardest part was the 3 drains remaining in my abdominal area for 15 days after the surgery. I also had repairs of my abdominal muscles that can be damaged during pregnancy or a huge weight gain. Be certain to check your surgeons credentials. I requested before and after photos of my surgeon's abdominalplasty work. If the surgeon refuses to provide before and after photos of his previous work, do not allow him to do your abdominalplasty. I couldn't be happier with my result. The best decision I ever made.
    My surgeon was rated one of the best cosmetic surgeons in America. I was very fortunate to find him. He opted to do an extended abdominalplasty for a better result. My work included going all the way around my body fit a more perfect result. Find the best surgeon you can find. You won't be disappointed !
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Midwest currently and wondering who your surgeon was?
  • linziicb
    linziicb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this as I have 50 pounds more to lose and want a tummy tuck. I've had 3 ceasarians and also from being overweight I'm left with a horrible tummy
  • Judith4567
    Judith4567 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bvttercvp wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I have about 116 pounds left to lose, and because I've been heavy my entire life, I'm already planning for/anticipating having to have surgery to remove that excess skin.

I understand that I don't know what my body will look like after the weight is lost, but I am a planner, so I have to know all of my options.

I'm just looking to find out information from others who have already gone through this experience. What was the recovery process like for you? How long until you felt back to normal? Are you happy with your results? What's the best/worst part of the entire experience?

Hi there, I am 5 weeks post tummy tuck. I am so happy with my op. If you are in a good health then the procedure and recovery will be straightforward and completely manageable. I developed some scars but I recovered quick enough from it after following some ways (http://www.drfoudaneel.com/blog/2016/06/30/how-to-reduce-scars-after-a-tummy-tuck/ ). So don’t get terrified and go ahead with the surgery.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I had a tummy tuck and love the results. Just BE CERTAIN to follow your cosmetic surgeon's instructions precisely after surgery to ensure proper healing. I flew to Boston from the Midwest for my surgery and stayed 10 days to be near my surgeon to be monitored after the surgery. The hardest part was the 3 drains remaining in my abdominal area for 15 days after the surgery. I also had repairs of my abdominal muscles that can be damaged during pregnancy or a huge weight gain. Be certain to check your surgeons credentials. I requested before and after photos of my surgeon's abdominalplasty work. If the surgeon refuses to provide before and after photos of his previous work, do not allow him to do your abdominalplasty. I couldn't be happier with my result. The best decision I ever made.
    My surgeon was rated one of the best cosmetic surgeons in America. I was very fortunate to find him. He opted to do an extended abdominalplasty for a better result. My work included going all the way around my body fit a more perfect result. Find the best surgeon you can find. You won't be disappointed !

Can you please tell us who your surgeon was on Boston? I'm going to need some work done also. Thanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!