What exercises reduce my side fat?

Options
By my side fat i mean like the belly that hangs on the side and even goes a little to my back, its the only thing that really makes me insecure, and its really annoying, i cant wear certain shirts just because of it.

Replies

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    As depressing as it is, like MissusMoon already said, you can not selectively remove fat from specific areas of your body. Sorry.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    You cannot exercise an area to lose fat (also known as spot reduction). Magazines and great sales people will tell you it's possible, but they are selling you something. Fat comes off systematically and once you get it low enough, fat will come off your sides.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ChaixDD
    ChaixDD Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    You cannot exercise an area to lose fat (also known as spot reduction). Magazines and great sales people will tell you it's possible, but they are selling you something. Fat comes off systematically and once you get it low enough, fat will come off your sides.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I mean i want to reduce all the fat i just wanted to know if there was any way to speed up the fat loss in that area u know
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    You can't reduce fat in one area but you can do core workouts to build muscle there
  • ChaixDD
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    You can't reduce fat in one area but you can do core workouts to build muscle there

But why would i want muscle if the fat will still be there?
  • alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    ChaixDD wrote: »
    SCoil123 wrote: »

But why would i want muscle if the fat will still be there?

For when the fat is reduced or gone
  • Tubella
    Tubella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Well because muscle is lean and will give you shape. Trust, you want to help burn that fat and build muscle! Hiit cardio may be very helpful for this. Best of luck!
  • ChaixDD
    Options
    Tubella wrote: »
    Hi. Well because muscle is lean and will give you shape. Trust, you want to help burn that fat and build muscle! Hiit cardio may be very helpful for this. Best of luck!

Thanks, i honestly hate cardio i just do a little to warm up for my workout thats why i do crunches before and after my workout
  • ElJefePerron
    ElJefePerron Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    MissusMoon wrote: »
    Fork drops.

You can't spot reduce (selectively burn fat in an area). Fat will come off your body where it decides to.

Damn MM, I spit up my coffee on fork drops.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Thanks, i honestly hate cardio i just do a little to warm up for my workout thats why i do crunches before and after my workout

Honestly diet is what's going to get rid of the fat the fastest.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I mean i want to reduce all the fat i just wanted to know if there was any way to speed up the fat loss in that area u know
    If you're willing to pay for lipo suction, then yes.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ChaixDD
    Options

Well im not dieting tbh but im counting my calories with the app and im avoiding sugars
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    HIIT cardio, will help more with conditioning than building muscle. Building muscle is based around progressive resistance lifting.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

Well im not dieting tbh but im counting my calories with the app and im avoiding sugars

I used "diet" as in what you eat.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You can do it, its going to take time and hard work and for real do not buy anything that says it will do it for you. In 2009 I got rid of about 2 inches of mine through my eliminating of starchy and sweet food, and full body exercise with extra core exercise. But I wasn't young and I was in pain 24-7. So I decided the hard work was not worth it for me. I continued to do "old folk" exercise and let a few carbs back in and the fat crap came back in 2 years. So here I sit with side fat and still exercising but not trying any more. Power to you my dear.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Lengths of butterfly in the pool and burpees on land
  • TiffanyRodriguez13
    TiffanyRodriguez13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes offcourse, why should one build muscles if he want to reduce the fats? Rather then this, he can have some fat burn workouts or something other.
  • queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    you lose fat on your whole body, but building core strength can reduce your waist size and make you appear smaller by improving posture. Try doing some planks in your workout to start. Pilates and yoga can help too.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Yes offcourse, why should one build muscles if he want to reduce the fats? Rather then this, he can have some fat burn workouts or something other.

"Build Muscle" probably isn't the correct nomenclature to use here. It's more strength exercises to maintain muscle. When we eat in a deficit we lose water, fat, AND muscle. By doing strength training in that deficit we're working to maintain muscle so most of our weight loss is water and fat. This is one of the more efficient ways of lowering BF%, which is exactly what the OP is looking for.

There's no such thing as "fat burn" workouts. Fat burn comes from how you manage your deficit.