Kayla Itsines BBG, worth it or not?

Options
It's clear why Kayla Itsines has so many Instagram followers, her body is fantastic. I know everyone doesn't have the same results but it's hard to wonder with all those fantastic before and after photos from BBG users whether her program really is worth it or not. I've briefly looked into what her program entails and from what I can see it seems very expensive.

I'd love to hear your feedback on whether you've tried her program. If so, what kind of results did you have? Also if you've tried similar programs, I'd love to hear about those as well.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    What a silly name.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I downloaded it when it was free. It would be good for someone who would like to learn how to eat healthy and exercise since it's all pretty much spelled out. But to be honest, $20 a month using an app that tells me what I already know pushed me away. The recipes looked good though!
  • runrogrun
    runrogrun Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the free trial but didn't sign up after that - I felt there were enough free workouts on YouTube which were similar to mean that spending that much a month wasn't necessary
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    nablackb wrote: »
    I know everyone doesn't have the same results but it's hard to wonder with all those fantastic before and after photos from BBG users whether her program really is worth it or not.

About 90-95% of the improvements in physique you see in her program or anyone else's are simply from a calorie deficit. That doesn't require any program, or any exercise at all. The other 5-10% is from doing some form of strength training to maintain muscle. Pretty much any good strength program works for that (NROL4W, Stronglifts, etc). :+1:
  • coachb2016
    coachb2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i personally would have to recommend beachbody products like p90x3, 21 day fix, and there are so many more. People have gotten great results and the company is very reputable. They programs come with a lot of support and help. let me know if you want more info, i would love to help you
  • coachb2016
    coachb2016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sorry...just trying to help. only sharing my experience
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    coachb2016 wrote: »
    i personally would have to recommend pirating beachbody products like p90x3, 21 day fix, and there are so many more. People have gotten great results and the company is very reputable. They programs come with a lot of support and help. let me know if you want more info, i would love to help you

Fixed it for you.

*edit: I have done Insanity and I liked the workout, but I borrowed it from a friend because I can't see myself paying $150 for that. Nope, nope, nope.
  • ksutherland677
    ksutherland677 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 9 of BBG 1. I've lost about a pound a week but my strength is improving each week which improves the feeling I get from just losing weight. This is the only workout program I've stuck with!