I want to get into my best shape... in 56 days

Options
Hello!

Since February I've dropped from 60 kilos to just under 54. I'm really pleased with myself, even though I've plateaued, and in the past 3 or 4 weeks I've been eating more to get to a net goal of 1200 calories a day to get out of starvation mode.

I've signed up to be a model for a bodypainting festival! I'm really excited, but I just want to do everything I can do make sure I'm in amazing shape. It's in 56 days.

Here's my workout: running 6kms, 5 days a week. Crosstrainer 20 minutes 5 days a week.
I also do weights 3 days a week, 16 reps of each machine at the gym on the highest level I can manage.

Should I be doing more weights? I have a pilates DVD I can do but I've tried it many times before and pilates kind of bores me. I would consider going through it, though, if it would mean I'm even more toned for the festival. Also my food diary is available, if you would care to look at that. My problem is that I work in a school in Korea so I have to eat the school lunch. Any idea about what I can do about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• clair3jane
    clair3jane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh I should mention that I'm 5'1. So I'm slightly above the middle of my healthy weight range. I would ultimately like to get down to 50 kilos. Cheers.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I just have something to say about the pilates. I started doing pilates in January and I weighed about 150lbs(I am 5'5"). Mind you I do other exercise like HIIT on an elliptical and weight lifting. Anyway, I decided to try pilates because my bff told me how great it is. I saw results within a week! My tummy got more toned and my butt and thighs more firm. I NEVER in million years thought I would say that I love my thighs, but I do now, thanks to pilates. I do about 45 minutes of pilates every morning, but I love it so much so it doesn't bother me to do it everyday. I do free weight circuits 4 days a week and HIIT 6 days,which is a bit too much, but I only do 15 or 20 minute sessions. I eat very well, but I eat a lot. Just try getting a few pilates dvds so you don't get bored and watch your body change. BTW, I'm now at my goal weight of 125lbs.
  • clair3jane
    clair3jane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Interesting! Ok, I will give pilates another go.

I'm also interested in HIIT but I don't have a trainer and my gym is really ****ty, so all the cross-trainers are analogue. Yeah, they have dials on them to change resistance, and the computers don't turn on. I would be keen to try it running, but I am afraid of hurting myself.

I'm sure I can lose the weight with my regular runs and pilates... I'll try HIIT when I get a trainer.