Debating on Fitbit purchase...

Options
2»

Replies

• ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR and I am happy with it but not in love with it. I have worn my Polar Heart Rate F60 along with my Charge HR during several workouts to compare. My Charge was always a couple beats lower compared to my Polar and the calorie burn would be about 30 cals lower than my Polar, so not a real big difference. The one thing I don't like about my Charge is that the heartrate tends to flat line throughout my workouts. Pretty sure that it is because I am not wearing it tight enough on my wrist, who knows. I basically wanted a heartrate monitor to wear during workouts so I didn't have to wear my strap with my polar. I impulse bought my Charge without really reading any reviews. I have learned that if I really want an accurate heartrate during my workouts, I use my Polar because the chest straps are going to be more accurate. As for my daily calorie burn, steps, etc. it works well :)
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I started with a fitbit flex but after a year upgraded to a fitbit blaze. It does everything I need and looks pretty good to. One thing that I have to say that I dislike about all fitbits, and this could also be true for many of their competitors products is that you have to have a data connection in order for them to sync to the app. The memory will hold up to 30 days worth of data if you have no connection I still thinks that it sucks. It should be able to sync locally to your phone and then upload and sync to the servers when you have an available data connection. That said I still wouldn't be without it. Just something to bare in mind :-)
  • MiyazakiChick
    MiyazakiChick Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks- my Basis Peak has been recalled and I am considering replacing it with a Blaze
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/user/OnwardAthletic
    This guy has done lots of product reviews on various HRMs...he goes over both the hardware & software of each. I would recommend going through some of these to make your decision.
  • emmie130
    emmie130 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love my Apple Watch! ❤️ switched from Fitbit and never looked back
  • glitterrainn
    glitterrainn Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I recommend getting a Blaze over the HR. Maybe I'm biased but my Charge HR crapped out on me not even having it a month in. I've also read that the HR has the most issues. My Blaze has been nothing but awesome and I've had it for almost 4 months now!
  • Ramlupa
    Ramlupa Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I recently got the HR and I love it. I got it to monitor my sleep and I like that it turns on automatically. Haven't been able to get the HR to go on my fitnesspal though.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but I'm looking at the blaze. The bands are replaceable which also means different materials (surge can get itchy or cause irritation some reviews say due to the unchangeable band). I also wanted the HR monitor and I hear it's fairly accurate when put to the test against HR monitors. It's not waterproof but my Polar t7 will fit the bill for that when I eventually start swimming. I really had wanted he surge for the independent GPS without a phone since I'm a hiker but it's very glitchy while the blaze GPS with your phone tagging along is much more reliable from reviews. However I'm often in areas where I have no service let alone 4g so I figure this is a feature I'll need a better GPS tracker for. Blaze also offers a nice color screen despite being referred to as "clunky" in reviews. I wanted a watch that would display what going on with easy color visuals (I like fun graphics and colors). I looked at Apple Watch but without sleep monitoring and at nearly double it just worth it to me despite all the do-dads since sleep monitoring is important as I suffer from frequent bouts of insomnia.

Good luck on finding your match!
  • P0tterMrs
    P0tterMrs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Iv done some more research and I'm impressed with the runtastic watch, only downside being it doesn't have a HR, but it can be worn as a watch or on a clip elsewhere and it's waterproof which is ideal for swimming - I'm just not 100% as I had my heart on a HR watch.
    Rawr619 wrote: »
    My husband and i both just got the Samsung Gear 2 and we both are loving them.

Is this just for Samsung/android devices? As I have iPhone? Thanks

emmie130 wrote: »
    Love my Apple Watch! ❤️ switched from Fitbit and never looked back

An Apple Watch has also been in the line up, but it's the cost, is it really worth it? I love apple, I always have but I need more info about their watch before I make the step. Is it waterproof? Thanks