Food Hacks

Options
angpowers
angpowers Posts: 83 Member
Let me just say first, I eat EVERYTHING, so no "good" or "bad" foods here. However, sometimes I have to tweak things some days so I can get a bigger bang for my buck ... hit my macro/micros ... be full and satisfied.

For example...

One of my favorite things right now?
<3 Plain Greek yogurt with Quest Peanut Butter Protein Powder <3

I typically do 170g yogurt (3/4c) to 10g powder (1/3 scoop) and it is sooooo good! It's filling, dessert-ish, lots of protein and something cold during this crazy heat.

I love this even as a dip with fruit. You would'nt be disappointed. I use to use powder peanut butter like PB2, but this protein powder makes it sweetened and with added protein.

What are some hacks that you guys do to eat things that taste good yet with a good nutritional profile??

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I do the same with Quest Salted Caramel and frozen strawberries. So yummy.
  • angpowers
    Options
    These are both GREAT ideas!!!

Quiksylver296 -- do you blend it together or dip your strawberries in it?
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Using gelatin as a substitution for sauce (no carbohydrates, less use of oil for moisture, only minimal protein, & hardly any kcals). Can also be cut into "bread" for cold sandwiches (melts otherwise).
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Gelatin, water and some flavor concentrate. Makes jelly that has 80-90 calories per liter.
  • angpowers
    Options
    Never thought to use gelatin like you two -- does it have a weird texture when just eating it like that??
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    angpowers wrote: »
    Never thought to use gelatin like you two -- does it have a weird texture when just eating it like that??

Gelatin has hardly any taste & you can make it any thickness you like based on water content. I like making mine on the thick side so I can chop it into cubes that melt into cooked food (mostly just fish). Sauce like consistency