Very discouraging replies

Options
I am so sick and tired of those people on this site who puposely discourage others! This site is the best thing that could have happened to all of us, it's free, it's here to motivate us and help us stay on track for losing, gaining or maintaining our weights. It does not get any better than that!!!!

I started a post to see if anyone wanted to join a challenge with me to lose some extra lbs and keep each other motivated and some random person comes and says something so rude about my challenge saying it seems more like a pooping contest! My feelings were very hurt because this is not the first time something rude has been stated to me on this site.

On another post I asked a quesiton, a simple question. I know exercise calories are to be eaten so you don't go into starvation mode, but I wondered if it was the same requirement for someone weighing over 230 lbs like myself (basically if it's ok for the deficit to be bigger) and someone told me I was asking a very stupid question. Out of shame I cancelled my page and started a new one b/c I was humiliated.

I am not going to do it this time, if you have nothing nice to say or dont agree with what someone has posted, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY, PLEASE DO NOT SAY SOMETHING THAT WILL OFFEND THEM, AND IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH IT, IGNORE IT!

Now that I feel better, Happy first day of July everyone and have a great day! I love you guys!

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You Go!! I do sometimes think that there are those who have been doing this alot longer than some of us so to them the questions seem stupid.... My opinion is rather than belittle..encourage..or better yet..rather than reading the post..cause you may think it "stupid" move on to the next post. Dont waste your time and post something mean or belittleling to make yourself seem wise and wonderful.

-Marlene
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    That's a shame. I haven't come across this yet - it's been nothing but positive! :smile:

I'm sure at some point I'll see it though - the jerks are certainly out there.

IGNORE THE HATERS! :bigsmile:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    So sorry your experience has been negative. I never post on things unless I have something positive to say. I ok with people being honest, but they don't need to be rude.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    there will always be "those people" out there....know it alls, people who like to put others down, etc.

Ignore them-don't let them get to ya. There's a whole lot more supportive peeps out there than the downers.

:smile:
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    Amen!! And HAPPY 4TH TO YOU AND YOURS!!!
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I posted a similar topic about not judging people and being kind in what you say. Even on that, people were rude.

I'm with you girl!!! Don't let it stop your success!! Haters will be haters!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • littlelaurabear
    Options
    Yeah there's a few meanies out there who have nothing better to do than be discouraging or negative. I personally think they're not worthy of this community. The whole point is to be supportive and help each other along the way! GAH! x
  • aesquivel47
    aesquivel47 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good for you! "Illegitimi non carborundum"
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    On another post I asked a quesiton, a simple question. I know exercise calories are to be eaten so you don't go into starvation mode, but I wondered if it was the same requirement for someone weighing over 230 lbs like myself (basically if it's ok for the deficit to be bigger) and someone told me I was asking a very stupid question. Out of shame I cancelled my page and started a new one b/c I was humiliated.

The more weight you have to lose, the more your deficit can be, but as your lose weight, you'll have to add more calories. That is so not a stupid question. (I mean, how do you think the biggest loser contestants can lose double digits in one week otherwise?)

Don't let the bad apples give you a bad opinion. All of my friends are super supportive and wonderful people. I love this place because we all have been there and we all understand :D Feel free to add me if you want a positive, supportive friend. Sorry for all the jerks out there ;)
  • jpeper1966
    jpeper1966 Posts: 79
    Options
    There are a LOT of people on this site. They range from 300+lbs with over a hundred to lose, to 120lbs with 5lbs to lose. There are professional (used to be) couch potatoes, and some aiming at professional body building.

Not all people can grasp that there is more than one way to be successful at losing weight. IGNORE those people and concentrate on those that will support your needs.
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options

The more weight you have to lose, the more your deficit can be, but as your lose weight, you'll have to add more calories. That is so not a stupid question. (I mean, how do you think the biggest loser contestants can lose double digits in one week otherwise?)

Don't let the bad apples give you a bad opinion. All of my friends are super supportive and wonderful people. I love this place because we all have been there and we all understand :D Feel free to add me if you want a positive, supportive friend. Sorry for all the jerks out there ;)

Thank u so much for answering my question also, on the other post it never got answered.
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouraging words!!
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    To bad you can't block "those people" that is just rude and I am sorry that happened to you. I know on other sites (no names but they count points) there are some "trolls" that literally sit around waiting for a post to just rip that person alive. Its terrible and we come here for support. I am glad your strong enough to see thru it :heart:
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Some people merely lack tact, while others (pretty few on this site, thankfully) are sad little trolls actively looking to hurt and offend for kicks. Don't let them get to you. Asking them to not respond with hurtful words is pointless; if they want to say rude things, they will.

What we need to do is to grow a thick skin, keep our chins up and ignore those people. Don't give them the benefit of your attention, because some of those people get a kick out of seeing you react. "Don't feed the trolls."
  • sweetseraph7
    Options

Thank u so much for answering my question also, on the other post it never got answered.

I agree completely. :)