Lose skin

pluthera
pluthera Posts: 15 Member
Just wondering if any of you had success in the lose skin department...? In down 60 pounds, and my arms are lose :/ I have more weight to lose about 20 maybe less. Any exercises that helped you with your arms after you lost the weight? I really want to wear a tank top when I do boxing, but I'm embarrassed to see my flappy arms wiggle

Replies

• Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Congratulations on all your hard work! As far as I know there's no way to get rid of significant lose skin. Lifting weights can definitely help though.
  • TehLaughingDog
    TehLaughingDog Posts: 200 Member
    Don't be embarassed! Rock it!

I hear weights and I hear lifting heavy can help a lot. Staying hydrated and keeping your skin moisturized is important. Also try to lose slow - gives your skin time to tighten up as you lose. But if you lost it quick no worries - just takes a minute for your skin to try to catch up. Might still be a little lose and everybody's body is different. But don't be embarassed!
  • jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Lift
  • louhogg1
    louhogg1 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm doing half body pump and the rest cardiovascular, bike, zumba, walking. I can see my skin tightening as I go. Well done xx
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Don't be embarassed! Rock it!

I hear weights and I hear lifting heavy can help a lot. Staying hydrated and keeping your skin moisturized is important. Also try to lose slow - gives your skin time to tighten up as you lose. But if you lost it quick no worries - just takes a minute for your skin to try to catch up. Might still be a little lose and everybody's body is different. But don't be embarassed!

I have read many things about weight loss and never caught this tip! Thank you for posting it as it reminds me of another reason to be patient about my weight loss- that it is okay for it to be one pound a week or even every two! I know it adds up but now can add it helps the skin not be even loser!! Such knowledge and info on these boards!
  • jess_casey85
    jess_casey85 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi Pluthera! I have lost 36kg and was always super conscious of my flabby arms.
    I would say a varied weights program would be beneficial; I work out 5-6 days a week and do mostly weightlifting and it seems to have worked!
    I saw a picture of myself the other day and it really hit home how much they have shrunk without me particularly focusing on them which is great :)
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Why would you want to lose skin?
  • Fluffy2Fit2Shredded
    Fluffy2Fit2Shredded Posts: 40 Member
    I Lossed 60lbs of fat in the last 6 months also but I made sure to lift heavy heavy weights to combat the loose skin I was anticipating. Women won't get ridiculously huge like many believe, you'll get nice and tone because of your physiology, always lift until you can do only 8 then push for two more. Push for HYPERTROPHY. Look into it. Burn the fat, build the muscle, some of that skin will wrap around it. Lots and lots of water really helps, since it's living just like everything else in your body. Hydrate it properly. I shoot for 1 gallon to 1.5 a day easily. Most of it during the day, look into water benefits also. Slow down a few hours before bed or you'll wake up a couple times in the middle of the night for the bathroom. Great tactic if you have an early morning wake up call and it sleeping much, just drink a ton before bed
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!