Craving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
I don't normally have craving and haven't had one in the past 19 days on MFP but today.........................

I really want something sweet., really badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily fo rme, no one here at the office has anything so I can't be bad. I don't have any bad sweets at home either so I think I'm safe. I just have to wait for this to pass. I'm not hugry, I just want chocolate. Could be since Mother Nature is visiting this week! Dang her!!!!!

Okay, it'll pass, it'll pass, it'll pass.........

Memaw

mmmmm good water!!!!!!!! LOL
Why cant they make a chocolate flavored water that is calorie free?????
Stop it , stop it, go away!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• memaw66
    I don't normally have craving and haven't had one in the past 19 days on MFP but today.........................

I really want something sweet., really badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily fo rme, no one here at the office has anything so I can't be bad. I don't have any bad sweets at home either so I think I'm safe. I just have to wait for this to pass. I'm not hugry, I just want chocolate. Could be since Mother Nature is visiting this week! Dang her!!!!!

Okay, it'll pass, it'll pass, it'll pass.........

Memaw

mmmmm good water!!!!!!!! LOL
    Why cant they make a chocolate flavored water that is calorie free?????
    Stop it , stop it, go away!!!!!!!!!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    you can do it honey! It will pass. Try a piece of fruit?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    If it doesn't pass go buy a small amount of high fiber good natural dark chocolate. It is actually healthy for you! Good Luck!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • noklue2
    noklue2 Posts: 5 Member
    I eat a sweet breatfast bar or something... like the fiber one! Thay are so good! and taste almost like a candy bar!

Yummmmmm!
  • memaw66
    No fruit in the office and I can't leave for another 2 hours!!!!

I am just trying not to think about it but it's not working.

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Memaw
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    hot tea?? that always takes my craving away:flowerforyou:
  • neurogirl
    neurogirl Posts: 706 Member
    I personally have chocolate rather frequently (sometimes even daily) and have lost weight. I just get it different ways (dark chocolate sugar free Jell-O pudding is yum).

I actually have a stock of dark chocolate in the house and just have part of a serving size. It's not so bad when the bite size varieties say 5 pieces of chocolate is one serving. Just one piece of say dark chocolate Dove usually does the trick for me (which is good for you anyways).
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Can you take a 10 or 15 min break? I've heard reported that when people have chocolate cravings a short 10 or 15 minute walk will eliminate the craving . . . you could be our theory tester?? :laugh:
  • memaw66
    Nope, no breaks today. My daughter brought my grandson up to see me today so I took a longer lunch than normal. Didn't eat anything, just spent time with the baby.

I think it is beginning to pass. I'll just keep drinking water.

Thanks guys,

I needed that support, you are the greatest.

Memaw
  • beagle595
    beagle595 Posts: 226
    Take 2 Tums. They have Magnesium and it stops the chocolate craving. I am a Thyroid Cancer survivor and used to eat a chocolate candy bar every day at work/ cravings. Once my Thyroid and 4 Parathyroid Glands were removed I had to take a form of calcium morning and night. My Oncologist put me on Tums. And guess what? The cravings stopped. Even with all the stress and worries I had I didn't crave the chocolate. Now when I get a craving usually the same time as any woman... I just make sure I remember my Tums for that day. (But be careful more than 4 tums a day will cause constipation.) Good luck!
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    My DH got me chocolate covered cherries for Christmas from a chocolate shoppe downtown. He's surprised because I still have several left. I don't have to eat them every day, but one here or there is plenty to satisfy the craving,

That being said, what about Fiber One bars? You could schedule one into your daily meals and snacks, and for 140 calories, the chewy chocolate and oats one is pretty darned good, and satisfies my urge to snack on chocolate.
  • This may sound a bit weird, but a trick I've found for any craveing is pickles. It's strange, but when I'm craveing sweet, salty, crunchy, whatever, I grab a kosher dill pickle. They really work. Don't know why but they do! Good luck!
  • memaw66
    My freind had some dried strawberries. They were okay, not the best taste in the world, but I think it worked. I only ate 2 bites so hopefully the calorie count wasn't too bad. It said 1/4 cup is 110 calories. I'm not sure how many would be 1/4 cup but I know 2 wouldn't be!!!!

Thanks guys.:flowerforyou:
  • Lyndo
    Lyndo Posts: 95
    Thank you sooooo much...:heart:
    Reading this helped me soooo much, i felt all down today :frown: I was really craving chocolate,
    Its also time of the month for me, & I've had in my head to eat chocolate at the time of the month, & eat whatever i wished... But since Jan 1st, I've had alot of will power, until today....
    So I ate an Astro Zero% fat free yogurt, with only 40 calories, & a hand full of Walnuts... & alot of water.... But wow.... the craving is sooo strong, It's harder then quiting smoking.....
    but I did that 3 years ago, & I can also do this.... I don't have to eat sweets or chocalate
    I do not need the sweets to put a smile on my face....
    It will all just make me feel guilty after.....
    I am a happy person WITHOUT it!!!
    & wouldn't chocolate water be GREAT!!!!! :tongue:

Thanks again....Lyndo:flowerforyou:
  • memaw66
    Thank you sooooo much...:heart:
    Reading this helped me soooo much, i felt all down today :frown: I was really craving chocolate,
    Its also time of the month for me, & I've had in my head to eat chocolate at the time of the month, & eat whatever i wished... But since Jan 1st, I've had alot of will power, until today....
    So I ate an Astro Zero% fat free yogurt, with only 40 calories, & a hand full of Walnuts... & alot of water.... But wow.... the craving is sooo strong, It's harder then quiting smoking.....
    but I did that 3 years ago, & I can also do this.... I don't have to eat sweets or chocalate
    I do not need the sweets to put a smile on my face....
    It will all just make me feel guilty after.....
    I am a happy person WITHOUT it!!!
    & wouldn't chocolate water be GREAT!!!!! :tongue:

Thanks again....Lyndo:flowerforyou:

Good for you!! You did it. I did it. We CAN and WILL do this!
    Now, let's get busy inventing that chocolate calorie free water!!!!!! LOL
This discussion has been closed.