NSV - workout victory!

Options
I know this is totally lame, but I'm proud of myself. A few months ago I bought an elliptical determined to use it and I couldn't last more than 2 minutes at a time before falling off of it half-dead. Since then I've been doing a lot of water aerobic/water resistance workouts and building up my endurance on the elliptical, and last night I did 55 minutes straight without stopping on resistance level 6!! My husband was sitting in the room with me watching TV and playing his online game, and he was like "are you going to stop...ever?" I had intended originally to do 30 minutes... but then I felt like Forrest Gump.. I was like well, I made it to 30... lets' go to 35.. then I got there and said hmm I'll just go to 40... then before I knew it I was at 55 minutes and honestly, I would have kept going but my toes were numb - I have discovered that my Sketcher's Shape-ups are NOT good elliptical shoes...they kill my toes. I'm gonna have to invest in some good ones. Anyway, so then this morning I did 32 non-stop minutes on resistance level 7! I can't believe it. Just a few short months ago I was falling over after 2 minutes. :0)

Replies

• Evotchka
    Evotchka Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    That isn't lame at all! That's a great feeling and you should be so proud of yourself!! You're on the right track! Way to goooooo!!!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That's not totally lame. It's totally awesome!
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    That's awesome! You should be very proud of yourself for this accomplishment!!!! Congrats!!!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Time to find a new challenge...more time, more resistance, ect! :-)

Just a note, those shape-ups are not good shoes period...every doctor I have talked to has they are horrible for your back. I would chuck them!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty darn good NSV! Congrats!
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the newbie question. What is NSV?

Thanks!
  • ZumbaQueenKelly
    Options
    That is so awesome!!! Congrats!!!
  • aprolli
    aprolli Posts: 5
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! I am like you were when you started, elipicals absolutely kill me! If I do 10-15 minutes, my legs are so sore the next 2-3 days I can hardly walk. What a great idea to use aqua areobics to work up to it. NOT LAME, that is fantastic!!1
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    NOT lame. It's fanFREAKINtastic! Go you!
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options
    Congrats! Time to find a new challenge...more time, more resistance, ect! :-)

Just a note, those shape-ups are not good shoes period...every doctor I have talked to has they are horrible for your back. I would chuck them!

I thought they were really good when I was just walking.... Up until about mid-May I was walking 2-3 miles every night after dinner, and they were fantastic for that, I could totally tell a difference in my calves and thighs. But for anything else, they suck. Anyone have any good shoe suggestions?? I'm thinking about buying men's shoes b/c I have super super wide feet, which I believe is the problem with my toes in the shape-ups... and they are the wide! LOL! Go figure.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    That is a GREAT NSV good for you!!!!
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options

Thanks!
    Not a Scale Victory..means you may not have lost weight by the scale but you achieved something great like she did. Or maybe a smaller size clothes, having someone notice that you've lost weight.

And Good Job!!
  • kailyamie
    kailyamie Posts: 130
    Options

Thanks!

NSV = Non Scale Victory :)
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the explanation. I just had one last night so I think I'll make a post to share it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!