FRESH FRUIT

Options
jamisondi
jamisondi Posts: 12 Member
Question, If fruit is good for you then why is it, that my intake on sugar goes in the negative. I know fruit has natural sugar, but does it count against me when I snack on fruit?
I love fruit but don't want to go over my limit if I am not suppose too.

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    IMO the sugar settings on MFP are set a little low. Fruit is great for the fiber and the vitamins they also offer.
  • jamisondi
    Options
    Thanks, I love fruit but wanted to check with someone else..I'm new to this and don't wanna cheat.
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I am back at it on MFP after getting married & having a baby. I was on here in 2010-2011 and lost 63 lbs. IMO it doesn't matter. I always have fruit & never pay attention to the sugar. The only thing I ever paid attention to is the sodium (drink more water if you do) and the calories. It worked for me. And fruit is good for you, so IMO have as much as you want! I never had any problems doing it.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I LOVE fruit !!! When I started back on my journey on April 23/16, I was so down when my sugar ended up to be a negative but 9 times out of 10, it was because I was eating fruit and not pigging out on chocolate bars :) I don't mind my sugar being a negative number now because I'm still doing great, I'm losing weight and eating well.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    The score that counts is the total calories for the day. Treat it as a target (rather than a maximum). If you stick close to your calorie goal you will lose weight. Even with fruit.

The only macro I really watch is my protein where I want to get a minimum per day. This will help prevent unintended side effects (hair loss, brittle nails, wasted muscles).
  • jamisondi
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I just want to be sure I am on the right track. If I have fruit I know I won't be snacking on other junk. I am trying to train myself to eat better but find it hard to have that much food. I try not to eat much of anything thinking that is the answer, and with this program it tells me I haven't eaten enough for the day. Any suggestions anyone...I don't want to eat late in the evening because I wake up hungry and I usually don't eat breakfast until around 10 am. But I do have Coffee...
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Coffee with sugar and cream?
  • jamisondi
    Options
    Yes but I have cut that back to 1 *6oz cup a day w-1 tsp. of sugar and cream. This is my get up and go everyday.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Measure that cream! LOL. Yup, your coffee is your breakfast.