German dude needs to start

Options
Hi guys,
my name is Steve and i´m German. I got this account around a year ago but i didn´t put so much effort into losing weight or getting healthy.
But i really need to in July i turn 30 and until then i need to get started.

My biggest problem is motivation and the keep it straight. I do kinda eat a lot even though i´m already full. I noticed i´m full after a small pizza but because i know it tastes awesome i order a big one.

I know i got discipline, ´cause i already did a 10 days juice diet of joe crocker where i lost 5 kilos but of course they came back again.
The same willpower gives me also the guts to continuing eating even though i´m already full, that sucks.

i need your support and help and maybe some tips and tricks to keep me on track.
would be nice if you want to become friend with a german. ;-)

be blessed
Steve

Replies

• send2cs
    send2cs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Steve ... How's it going? ... Hang in there man, it's tough but I figure you're going to make it. Nice of you to make the effort. I've joined here today as well. Cheers,
    CS
  • Philboehn
    Philboehn Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey Steve!

Whenever my plate's not finished, I find it really hard to stop eating too, even when I'm full (usually because I feel bad about throwing too much food away). In order to avoid having this problem I try to only prepare exactly as much food as I need. Of course, this can be difficult, especially when eating out.

Have you tried ordering smaller portions, but while doing so also promising yourself that if you're still hungry or really want more food you can order more after finishing the small portion? I find that it is a lot easier to not order extra food than to leave something on the plate. I'm not sure this makes sense, so I'll try and explain it in German: Also, es gibt ja das Sprichwort "da war der Magen kleiner als der Hunger". Wenn man noch nichts gegessen hat und Hunger hat, will man ja einfach alles essen. Wenn man dann aber "alles" isst merkt man schnell, dass man das eigentlich gar nicht alles brauchte. Es ist dann aber ziemlich schwer einfach aufzuhören und das Essen stehen zu lassen. Um dem vorzubeugen kann man z.B. eine kleine Pizza bestellen, sich aber gleichzeitig selber sagen (das muss man aber auch Ernst meinen) "wenn du danach noch Hunger/Appetit hast, kannst du ja noch mehr bestellen". Hat man die dann aufgegessen kann man dann entscheiden ob man noch weiter essen will oder nicht. Wenn man dann nach der kleinen Pizza satt ist, fällt es einem viel leichter einfach nicht noch mehr zu bestellen, als wenn man von Anfang an eine große Pizza hatte und dann mittendrin beim Essen aufzuhören.

Another method would be to cut out all the foods you know you can't stop yourself from finishing after taking the first bite. (Pizza is probably not something you want to eat while dieting anyways). In order to avoid craving all these foods you could, for example have a cheat day every other week, on which you can eat whatever you want.

I hope this helps :smile:

Lilly
  • nvme527
    nvme527 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)