Last Call... 8 Week Elimination Challenge

Options
I posted this earlier, but we still need a few more people to fill up our teams!

I am looking to put together a group of people who want to compete to lose the lbs and inches!

The challenge will officially start July 2, 2011 and End on September 2, 2011 and each Friday we will weigh in and find out who made it to the next week. ( Starting weights must be posted of your current weight on the scale either as your profile picture or attached through photo bucket and posted on this blog before July 3 so I can verify starting weights... if you don't feel comfortaable doing that you can email me the pic as well. )

We will be set up in four teams, group Red, Blue, Yellow and Green in which each team will have to lose the most weight each week in order to not face elimination. The other 3 teams will have to risk letting someone go. I think it will be a fun way to get in shape and help us get motivated to continue our weight loss!

Each week each team will be assigned different challenges. Once your team has completed all of your challenges then you automatically advance to the next phase. There will be different phases each week and if a team does not complete those phases you will remain behind while the others move on until you catch up. It sounds confusing but it will be fun! (example blue team has to walk 50 miles this week. blue team members will need to become friends and keep track of who walked however many miles. when the miles have been completed you contact me and u will move on to the next goal)

Along with the team that loses the most amount of weight each week automatically avoiding elimination, the team who completes their challenge first will automatically advance also, but it cannot be the same team that already beat elimination.

By the end of the 2 month challenge if complete color teams have been eliminated we will then elimitate individuals from the same team to try and gain a winner!

The wonderful part about this challenge is that everyone may not lose lbs each week, so if you would like to take your measurements as well, it will be also counted as a loss and help you to avoid elimination!

Let me know if you want to join this challenge!!

Replies

• hexkitten
    hexkitten Posts: 5
    Options
    I'd like to join! Is there room on team yellopw?

Oh, and I'll upload my scale picture tonight.
  • billuaa
    billuaa Posts: 56
    Options
    Count me in! Do you factor in weight loss like the biggest loser? I know some have more to lose then others
  • fat2fab4life
    fat2fab4life Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!

Awesome!!!!! I've got you down and will contact you soon!
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    Count me in! Do you factor in weight loss like the biggest loser? I know some have more to lose then others

Weight loss and inches will be calculated, We will not use percent, but each group will be set up equally so that not one group has a total of 5 lbs to lose and another have 100 lbs to lose. It will be fair all around. I've got you in and will contact u when all the groups are set up =)
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    I'd like to join! Is there room on team yellopw?

Oh, and I'll upload my scale picture tonight.

You can be on team yellow =)
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, hopefully I can get to a scale quick enough to post a pic, but I'm really serious about getting this weight off, and I think a challenge will only help. :)
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    I think I'd like to join. I'd have to borrow my husbands camera to take a photo of the scales at the gym. (Right now they hover between 182 and 184.)

Finding this thread again may be a bit difficult (to post the picture in.)
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Count me in too :)
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    I think I'd like to join. I'd have to borrow my husbands camera to take a photo of the scales at the gym. (Right now they hover between 182 and 184.)

Finding this thread again may be a bit difficult (to post the picture in.)

I'll add you as a friend so you can easily find the post. I've got you in!
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    I'd like to join, hopefully I can get to a scale quick enough to post a pic, but I'm really serious about getting this weight off, and I think a challenge will only help. :)

Great, I have added you to the challenge. You can do this girl! We will do it together!!! I will add you as a friend so you can find the posts easily
  • DanaKinzer
    DanaKinzer Posts: 72
    Options
    Thank you!

When I go to the gym tonight, I'll snap the picture of the scales. As a rule of thumb, we don't keep a set of scales here at the house.
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    Thank you!

When I go to the gym tonight, I'll snap the picture of the scales. As a rule of thumb, we don't keep a set of scales here at the house.

Awesome, that is something that I need to do.. Get rid of the scales!!!! I don't want to just focus on the numbers
  • rachaelhefner
    Options
    I'd like to join if its not too late!
  • crzyracer_03
    Options
    I'd like to join if there's still room! I can post a pic this evening if that would be ok.
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    I'd like to join if there's still room! I can post a pic this evening if that would be ok.

Okay I've got you down! I will add you so you can keep up with the posts
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    I'd like to join if its not too late!

Nope, it's not too late. Thanks for joining and I will be adding you as a friend also so you can follow the posts! Good luck
  • fat2fab4life
    Options
    Here is the link to our new thread and the link we will use to do all of our posting throughout the challenge. thanks!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/278503-8-week-elimination-challenge-closed-group
  • Veronica_029
    Options
    Wonderful idea!
  • lc522
    lc522 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    If there is any room left I'd be interested in joining!
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    OK girl, I GOT IT, WE CAN DO IT! BUT, I'm personal messaging you the pick of the scale b/c today was the first time I weighed myself in I don't know how long and OMGsh, OK OMG! LOL Oh, it's also upside down b/c I'm a goof! LOL