Pain in lower back

aihammad
aihammad Posts: 14 Member
So,, let say something here,,, maybe 6 month ago,, while I was reducing my weight... after maybe 2 months of starting walking and dieting. I felt pain on my lower back which make me visit a hospital and make some X-ray, MRI and some else.. anyhow,, doctor told that pain came from fast walking.. so I stop.. I lost around 10 to 12 k, but how come pain come from walking.. now i start to gain some kilos.. they advise me to do some exercises and other like swimming,,, I feel some weakness on my arm and hip Muscles which make stop and think agian,, how to start again.. how to start with sport, deit,, and something else if there is

Replies

  • CliftonTrentMurphy
    CliftonTrentMurphy Posts: 8 Member
    have you asked your doctor if you can do non intense back exercises. because my back used to be very weak and it was a problem and then I started doing at home back exercises. I hope this helps. good luck hope you get better
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,234 Member
    there are lots of lower back exercises on the internet but i would ask your doctor what he would recommend. i would also suggest strengthen your lower back. working on alignment too.
    when i was prone to back pain i also made sure that i was tucking my pelvis under me in line with my shoulders as often people have duck butt
  • aihammad
    aihammad Posts: 14 Member
    hello,,
    I don't think it is good for the intense back exercise, but I hope I can.
    should read and find about some exercises for lower back, I will consult the doctor about them too. I think strengthen will help.
    thanks,, your replies were very useful to me.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,187 Member
    Your shoes may also be part of the problem. Look at that, too.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Abs....if your abdomen has weak muscles then they will pull on your back and give you lower back pain. This is my problem at any rate and was bad enough that it was giving me "sway back", so I am working on my core strength and it is helping a lot. I also see a chiropractor and a massage therapist........and yes, I know the opinion of chiropractors on this site and I could care less what others think as I know what works for me.
  • aihammad
    aihammad Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks bro
  • aihammad
    aihammad Posts: 14 Member
    I have a question about shoes
    My Physiotherapy thereby advice me to use shoe of type "Nike free" for walking.
    I don't feel it is ok
    What do u think
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    I don't know what you're really asking but walking on a treadmill at an incline can aggregate lower back issues.
    Shoes are all a personal thing. I can't wear Nike because my feet don't like them. I get sores and blisters from all Nike shoes.
    Do stretching it helps with lower back pain and core work. Pilates used to be the only relief I'd get from my pain
  • scottburger104
    scottburger104 Posts: 90 Member
    I recommend you look up "original strength" on you tube or buy one of their books. If you don't have any injuries but you have pain I would start with making your core stronger along with your posterior chain.
  • aihammad
    aihammad Posts: 14 Member
    synchkat wrote: »
    I don't know what you're really asking but walking on a treadmill at an incline can aggregate lower back issues.
    Shoes are all a personal thing. I can't wear Nike because my feet don't like them. I get sores and blisters from all Nike shoes.
    Do stretching it helps with lower back pain and core work. Pilates used to be the only relief I'd get from my pain

    how does that your feet don't fit with Nike..
    how do you know that..
    Okay.. for me,, I don't know what is the best shoes or let's say the shoes that fit to my feet.
    I used two kinds one of them was Adidas.. but I didn't like them..
    then, I consulted the my therapy who advice me to use (Nike free)..

    http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/innovation/free

    because of the ignorance and lack of experience in choosing a shoes, I consulted my thereby.

    but if you know some ways like standards, criteria or something else... please tell..

    thank you very much
  • mkaquino
    mkaquino Posts: 6 Member
    I had this issue with running. I found out my hamstring flexibility was the culprit. I was taking too long a stride and they weren't flexible enough to support that stride. That made me puff my chest out, tighten my back, and that caused the pain. Started doing some flexibility training on the hamstrings and away it went. Hope this helps!
  • fitnessjustin01
    fitnessjustin01 Posts: 239 Member
    Not sure but have you asked about exercises like deadlifts to strengthen the lower back muscles? Maybe that along with daily stretching would help...
  • aihammad
    aihammad Posts: 14 Member
    mkaquino wrote: »
    I had this issue with running. I found out my hamstring flexibility was the culprit. I was taking too long a stride and they weren't flexible enough to support that stride. That made me puff my chest out, tighten my back, and that caused the pain. Started doing some flexibility training on the hamstrings and away it went. Hope this helps!


    yes,, I like that about too long a stride.. I had done this too.
    thank,s for your feedback

  • aihammad
    aihammad Posts: 14 Member
    Wuhbye wrote: »
    Not sure but have you asked about exercises like deadlifts to strengthen the lower back muscles? Maybe that along with daily stretching would help...

    not sure about it... thanks


  • kujika90
    kujika90 Posts: 4 Member
    Do you make sure you are stretching afterwards? One of the most common issues find is that people will do the workout and not stretch out after. The muscles tend to rebel if they aren't taken care of. Trigger points in glutes can refer to the low back (which are highly active when power walking), also the lower part of the erectors in the back take a beating because we aren't designed to be walking on pavement consistently (that's where the good shoes come in).
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 647 Member
    Go to a doctor, physio. Loads of people have back trouble so everyone will tell you what THEY did, not what you need to do.
  • kujika90
    kujika90 Posts: 4 Member
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Go to a doctor, physio. Loads of people have back trouble so everyone will tell you what THEY did, not what you need to do.

    He did go to a doctor and got MRI and xrays, as an rmt I see a lot of this and have treated it many times. But you are right, everyone is different.
  • aihammad
    aihammad Posts: 14 Member
    kujika90 wrote: »
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Go to a doctor, physio. Loads of people have back trouble so everyone will tell you what THEY did, not what you need to do.

    He did go to a doctor and got MRI and xrays, as an rmt I see a lot of this and have treated it many times. But you are right, everyone is different.

    Yes, I did go to a doctor.. still visiting her.
    she is good but I'm getting very useful information here.. really

    thank all.
  • aihammad
    aihammad Posts: 14 Member
    Q1. What is the proper stretching exercises after walking long strides?
    Q2. How to know what are the appropriate shoes to the feet? is there some criteria or something else.