TOM--Effect Weight loss--Ladies...

Options
I was wondering, ladies, does TOM effect your weight loss for the week? Mine ended yest & i usually weigh in Sat but decided to just go ahead a see today & im up 1lb from last wk..I understand it could be muscle or water weight <--(ive drank ALOT lately) but was curious if its effected by it. Last week i weighed myself on Fri & was up 1lb then weighed sat & was down 2.2lbs from the wk before weight..Its a newer scale so i dont think its that..do you?

TIA

Replies

• rissyroo2002
    rissyroo2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    TOM def. effects my weight loss. THe week before I usually lose next to nothing. But the week of it, the weight drops off like nothing. I normally lose 3-4 pounds on the scale during my TOM.
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    it's normal i think. i know mine's coming b/c i go up about 7 pounds a few days before, feel SUPER bloated, and eat everything edible in my line of vision. but i keep doing intense workouts throughout though, and then lose the 7 and more after it's over. i used to freak out at first, but i think it's normal...
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I gained almost 2 lbs on my TOM last week...we will see if it went down this week or not...still on it :(
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    TOM IS EVIL!!!!!!!! I hate weighing in after those visits!!!!!!!!!!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    always jump up by a full 4 lbs for at least 5 or 6 days . . . . then it disappears until next month . . . just water weight.
  • vicky_unni
    vicky_unni Posts: 24
    Options
    It is for sure effective by him, my weight fluctuates so much by him.
  • br04416
    br04416 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It's def evil!! I worked my butt off that week 28 miles!! and only lost a pound. I was not impressed! SO it does matter and next time I am not even going to bother weighing in, cause it's just a let down :( That's my advise. Don't weigh in if you are going through your tom
  • libby328
    libby328 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I seriously gain 5 pounds every month around that time, and when I weight in 3 days after is gone away I am back to normal!
  • punkinrn
    punkinrn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LMAO, couldn't figure out what TOM was, is this a new cleanse or something, then it hit me! Too funny!. i go up 3-5 lbs in the few days right before, then once it starts i drop back down. best not to even weigh at all that week if you ask me. plus i munch big time right before, try to stick with healthy munchies but sometimes bad things creep in there!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much the same, when I weigh myself a few days before TOM and I gain about 2-3 pds. It's saddening ;[
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    TOM IS EVIL!!!!!!!! I hate weighing in after those visits!!!!!!!!!!

Its an up and down thing too! Plus with all the hormones it just makes you feel miserable sometimes....but usually I gain around 1-2lbs at first and then lose 3-4 afterwards.
  • anawahs31
    anawahs31 Posts: 5
    Options
    YES!!! OMg i thought i was lossing my mind because i had not change my exercise or eating habits and i gained 5lbs the week of TOM. Today, after reading this i weighed, i had almost given up until i saw your post. Tom is gone and im down 6lbs. Thank you for posting this. I was all set to give up. Now i know and will only weigh in once a month after Tom Goes.:bigsmile:
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    YES!!! OMg i thought i was lossing my mind because i had not change my exercise or eating habits and i gained 5lbs the week of TOM. Today, after reading this i weighed, i had almost given up until i saw your post. Tom is gone and im down 6lbs. Thank you for posting this. I was all set to give up. Now i know and will only weigh in once a month after Tom Goes.:bigsmile:

WOW soooo glad i posted this! I wouldnt want you to give up! Keep going, you got this :)
  • alex_marie85
    Options
    I usually gain 3-4 lbs. But once it's over I notice the extra weight is gone, but I don't usually lose any.