Do any of you have days when you feel like you're never going to reach your goal?

Options
Hi everyone. I'm 124lbs at the moment, aiming for 115lbs but of course that's just a number and really I'll be going until I've reached my physical goal. My physical goal is getting rid of all the extra flab on my sides and thighs.

To be honest, I thought at 124lbs I'd look a lot smaller than this (I'm 5'4.) I thought the flab would be almost totally gone by around 120lbs.

I only have 9lbs left until I reach my goal of 115lbs... Will this extra flab be gone by then?! I'm having one of those days where I feel like it's never going to go away.

Anybody else have days like this?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a progressive weightlifting program can help you achieve your body composition goals.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you#latest

There are ones for beginners that are easy to follow and they get progressively heavier, which is what you want.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    What are you doing to preserve muscle? A lot of folks lose weight while not doing strength training or eating adequate protein, which leads to the extra flab, also known as "skinny fat." If you aren't already, start a progressive strength training program.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    To answer your question, OP, yes, I have days where I am discouraged and feel like I'm never going to be where I want to be. However, I've kept pushing through. I'm now closer to my goal than I would have been if I had quit. Don't quit! Every baby step counts!

ETA: I'm also a huge proponent of progressive strength training. ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yes. Every day.
  • nataliebyan0
    nataliebyan0 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me too every other day! The body I visualise as my goal is definitely underweight... So the closer I get to it the harder my body fights back to keep me in the normal weight range

I'm still so far away from my ideal body... But I'm not quitting this time around
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For sure! I'm the same height as you but have been steady at 130lbs since February because I've been dealing with a bad injury and subsequent surgeries. I finally had my last surgery a month ago and in a couple more weeks I'll be eating at a deficit again for that final push. Here's hoping that's it for medical issues for a while D:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yep, I'm there right now. I've only got 4-5lbs left to goal weight and I just cant do it anymore. Diet fatigue and being in a constant deficit has hit me hard. I'm at the stage where I don't care if I get to goal weight or not. If i do, great, if not, I'm good with that too.

ETA: and it doesn't help that my husband is almost begging me to not lose any more weight.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm 136/137 right now and trying to get down to 120! I used to feel that way, but I started weighing myself everyday and I feel like that helps. When I weigh myself weekly, (although I know .5 pound loss is perfectly fine for my weight) I always get discouraged. I feel like I work really hard all week and a .5 pound loss doesn't seem great. When I weigh myself everyday, I get excited about any loss at all since it's only a day. If my weight doesn't change, I'm motivated to work harder the next day. If it goes up (like during my period) I just find that interesting. It's easier to see patterns that way and it helps! You should try it out if you don't already! :smile:
  • simplystronger
    simplystronger Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Perhaps a progressive weightlifting program can help you achieve your body composition goals.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you#latest

There are ones for beginners that are easy to follow and they get progressively heavier, which is what you want.

Thank you!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Yes, every day since getting injured I've felt stuck. Im maintaining but not progressing.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yep, took me 2 years 9 months to lose 121 pounds, around 6 months of that for the last 15 pounds.
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Nevaah! My brain is a Marine DI, my body a new recruit.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm at 130 lb and need to get to 120. My energy expenditure is low because old/female/hypothyroid/menopausal/prediabetic. I've been eating 1200 cal, weighing everything and working out and no loss in the past 2 weeks. I know this is "normal" but that makes it no less frustrating. Clothes still tight etc. It's just an unbearably slow painful process. I used to lift heavy but right now I am dealing with injuries and my arthritis has been really bad so at the moment I am limited.
  • BrendaHaasch
    BrendaHaasch Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    just take it one day at a time and continue your eating the right kinds of food and a little less then u would naturally eat. You will do it ! Think Positive !
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Yes I totally feel you OP. I'm 8lbs out from my goal of 140 but honestly feel like I'm still going to have too much EVERYTHING and will have to rechart the course to 130-ville. Its frustrating wondering if its ever going to be enough :/
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Yes, I'm at 130 lb and need to get to 120. My energy expenditure is low because old/female/hypothyroid/menopausal/prediabetic. I've been eating 1200 cal, weighing everything and working out and no loss in the past 2 weeks. I know this is "normal" but that makes it no less frustrating. Clothes still tight etc. It's just an unbearably slow painful process. I used to lift heavy but right now I am dealing with injuries and my arthritis has been really bad so at the moment I am limited.

Why do you keep saying your old?? I am also 47 years old and don't feel old at all.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I pretty much live a 6 hour loop of feeling great/optimistic about getting to my goal and feeling hopeless about it. It's exhausting and it sucks but I shall soldier on.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. Sometimes I have weeks.
    But, I get back into it.