What to do this weekend in particular?

Options
I started my 4th of July weekend in a bad way. I have just lost 6 pounds and want to know how YOU all are going to handle this 4th of July weekend!!! Food everywhere, BBQ, friends, family, fun?? What about temptations??

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I have hikes planned alll weekend. I'm going to try my hardest to stay outside and have fun. As for BBQ. I hope I can resist temptation. I plan to go for the salads and fruits first. If I'm still hungry I'll have half a burger or something. Just keep a mindful eye on everything and if you really really want it, compensate for it and do an extra workout or something! Have a good 4th of July!
  • sla0814
    sla0814 Posts: 240
    Options
    Drinking tons of water!! Eating high protein portioned out meals so I'm not grazing at the snack table, exercising everyday, talking and enjoying the people around me instead of focusing on the food!
  • momontherun92
    Options
    I also have a family reunion this weekend, so I know it's going to be tough to try to eat right. My plan is to still enjoy myself but just make smarter choices. So I might have a cookie, but just one, not 4 or 5. I am going to take my own oatmeal for breakfast, and enjoy my hamburger without the bun. Chewing sugar free gum also keeps my mouth busy and I don't snack as much....which will especially be tempting while sitting around visiting with family. So, enjoy yourself, but just make smarter choices and you will be fine!! Happy 4th!!!
  • glampixxie
    glampixxie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep working out, keep drinking lots of water, and enjoy foods in moderation. It's not worth it to me to go over my calories when I can still enjoy what my family/friends enjoy, just less of it! And I never feel deprived!
  • ts014
    ts014 Posts: 34
    Options
    I like what everyone is suggesting! I'm worried too because we are having a huge neighborhood get together. Hopefully it will be really hot and I will just want to drink water and not eat so much.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Lots of water.
    Outdoor activities.
    Bringing my own healthy dishes (shrimp ceviche and bean salad)... eat a "taste" of the yummy, fatty stuff and LOTS of yummy healthy stuff.