And I'm not done yet!

Options
shinycrazy
shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
edited June 2016 in Success Stories
As of today June 17, 2016, I've lost 113.4lbs. Last July (2015) I weighed in at 300lbs. Scary number. Even scarier was the diabetes diagnosis I had received the previous fall and promptly ignored. It just wasn't on my radar as I was in the middle of almost losing my home and a job that was incredibly stressful. Then, in July, I tried to ride a roller coaster with my 3 year old. The teenage operators couldn't get the lap bar down over me. They were polite and my son didn't understand that we didn't ride it when we walked off. That was when I said enough was enough. I joined a biggest loser contest at work and won. I started doing Diet Bets and kept winning those too. I paid attention to my carbs and calories and living by IIFYM. I stopped beating myself up for overindulging by continuing the cycle. I stopped getting snacks on the way home from work that I ate before I was even home. I logged the good, the bad, and the ugly. I can't even count the number of people that have asked me what I'm doing or congratulating me on my success. That's something I never expected and cherish each and every time. I don't have to take medicine for high blood pressure any more. I fully expect to go off my med for diabetes in August at my next visit. I still have a ways to go, but I can run! I can play with my kid. I have energy for it all. And tomorrow, I'm going to ride a rollercoaster with my son. I can't wait. a98nkelvk9qg.jpg

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    A great story, great progress and inspiration to so many. Good luck on the rest of your journey, but I can tell you're going to get there with hard work..........luck really doesn't have much to do with it!
  • spurby123
    spurby123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Incredible work! Good for you!
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Super job! Congratulations!
  • Tisa76
    Tisa76 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You have so many reason to be so proud of yourself! Keep up the good work!
  • nwd1976
    nwd1976 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Excellent job. Very inspirational.
  • bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    fantastic and amazing!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    You regularly inspire me to do better.
  • mrswardogsboxing
    mrswardogsboxing Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amazing job and you look beautiful!!!
  • tanyaflink655
    tanyaflink655 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Incredible story! May I also add that your weight loss makes you look about 10 years younger! Congratulations!
  • Inarush
    Inarush Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done!Looking great!
  • iamom507
    iamom507 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great work and an amazing way to celebrate! riding that coaster with your son. Enjoy every minute!
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Incredible story! May I also add that your weight loss makes you look about 10 years younger! Congratulations!

I agree! I don't know your actual age but you don't look a day over 25 in the 2nd photo!

Congratulations on your success! Keep on keepin' on!
  • ofcsfoster36
    ofcsfoster36 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is one of my main goals is to ride coasters again. I know all to well that walk of shame after a ride attendant tried to stuff you in a ride. I have been able to ride one In About 15 years.

Great job keep it up you gave some more motivation to keep going.
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!
  • nashie78
    nashie78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your amazing!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your incredible success!! What a story that inspires us all.....especially me since I just started logging again a few weeks ago. I don't feel like I have made any progress but I am going to keep going anyways......
    Hopefully I will be down by this time next year!! Thanks for sharing & have fun on the roller coaster with your son :)
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options

I agree! I don't know your actual age but you don't look a day over 25 in the 2nd photo!

Congratulations on your success! Keep on keepin' on!

Ok, @juliegilburd and @tanyaflink655 you are my new favorite people. :blush: I'm 34!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!