Got a runners high....once...I want it again

Options
Has anyone had experience with a runner's high?

Can someone tell me what optimum conditions I need to get this again?

Replies

• neithomp
    neithomp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! The first time in a long time, I went for a run and I got the most awesome runner's high ever! I've been running almost every day for a few months and have not felt it ever since then!
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    God I know how you feel :/ I've been running like crazy trying to get it back. But so far, no luck
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Anything over 5 miles gives me a good buzz
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    The longer I was doing a fitness program, the more it happened. I used to get the giggles after a few kilometres. :) The goggles were long gone after 20km though. ;) 5-15km was my happy spot when I was more fit.

If I ran every day, it was less likely to happen. Running 3-4 times per week, and after doing that for many months in conjunction with lifting, worked best for me.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Happens to me if I run first thing in the morning, just as I get a nice sweat on and the sun starts to shine. Such a great feeling.
  • Annahbananas
    Annahbananas Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    The longer I was doing a fitness program, the more it happened. I used to get the giggles after a few kilometres. :) The goggles were long gone after 20km though. ;) 5-15km was my happy spot when I was more fit.

If I ran every day, it was less likely to happen. Running 3-4 times per week, and after doing that for many months in conjunction with lifting, worked best for me.

Niiice. Thanks!!
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    When you find the magic formula let me know. I ran a half marathon this past month and I got it then but haven't seen it since.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I've found that I get it more often when I change where I run. If I do the same course I know the mile markers, I know the terrain, I know everything about it. But if I mix things up it's more interesting.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Happened to me once. Then running became torture and I messed up my foot and now I can't run anymore...
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of one right now after 1.5 km. I feel like it's more mental than anything. But I was on like a month long break, so that might be it, my body just likes getting back into it.