Help I am Yoyo'ing....

Options
I need to lose 30lbs.... I do fine losing 20lbs... bit only gain them back gradually... I am a vegetarian and I eat somewhat healthy... now once again.. I have started to walk 10000 steps everyday..:(.... How can I lose and keep it off?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Once you get really close to goal, weight loss will be very slow, and you have no wiggle room - you need to be as exact as humanly possible.

Set your goal to half a pound per week.
    If you don't have one, get a food scale and use it whenever possible for everything - the scale is more exact than cups and spoons. This includes packaged foods you are scanning.
    Double check the database entries you are using - avoid homemade or generic entries you didn't create yourself. There are plenty of incorrect user-entered items in there.
    Make sure you are logging everything (condiments, cooking oil, beverages, etc.).
    Be patient.

Best of luck!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Aswell as everything Kimny said, do you adjust your calories down after every 5lbs or so lost?
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    NaRmI10 wrote: »
    I have started to walk 10000 steps everyday..:(.... How can I lose and keep it off?

The way you write this make it seem like you don't enjoy walking? Find enjoyment in the journey, thats how you make a healthy habit stick.
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    What kimny72 has said.

Also, to keep it off, you will likely need to continue MFP for maintenance. I know that's my plan.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    NaRmI10 wrote: »
    I need to lose 30lbs.... I do fine losing 20lbs... bit only gain them back gradually... I am a vegetarian and I eat somewhat healthy... now once again.. I have started to walk 10000 steps everyday..:(.... How can I lose and keep it off?

Over what time period are you counting this "gain"?

Your weight naturally fluctuates up and down weekly/daily/hourly.

Look for a downward trend over a month or more, if you are only "up" for a few days.
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    All of the above!!!
    I'm fluctuating mildly around 3 kgs (6.6lb)
    I lost 42 kgs (92.5lbs) and have maintained that loss for over one year.
    I weigh everything (accept when eating out) I enter all my food. I don't find this difficult I like to do it because it works.
    I exercise 4 times a week. Exercise makes maintenance far more flexible, it allows a bit of wiggle room.
    Portion size is very important. Late night snacking is my worst bad habit.
    There has been a bit of upward creep weight wise, we have to remain vigilant.
  • godlikepoetyes
    godlikepoetyes Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For me, I know that if I don't continue to log forever, I will gain the weight back. When I began this plan, I knew things had to be different and that difference is looking at this as a forever, life-long process, not just as a "diet." I, too, would like to lose another ten pounds, but my body seems to be telling me that it likes where we are and I'm trying to listen to that.