Body dismorphia disorder...

Options
I can't help but hate my body cause I hate the way it looks, i want to be thinner.

Replies

• ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    I am not at liberty to offer advice, it took me a long long time to stop hating my body even after losing the necessary weight, it took for me to take a dance class where I see women of all shapes and sizes being sexy and confident for me to realise we all look different and none of us look like magazine beauty standards. I hope you find a way to love yourself and be comfortable in your skin, sending positive vibes xxxxxxxxx
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone. So many people out there in the world deal with this and have a hard time being satisfied with what they see in the mirror. It can be frustrating for someone, especially after losing weight and coming to the conclusion they still aren't happy with what they see.

I think the most important thing is to recognize how do you feel about yourself personally without regards to weight or body image. Sometimes it is hard, if not unrealistic to live up to expectations you see in magazines which may portray an "ideal" physique, but in reality that body means nothing at the end of the day if you have no confidence in who you are as person.

I don't know what your stats are, but if you want to lose weight to become a healthier you and build confidence along the way, then coming to MyFitnessPal was a great first step.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Same, I am thin but it doesn't really make any difference. Weight loss is a good thing physically if you need to lose weight, it doesn't guarantee mental improvements though.
  • GalaxyGraves
    GalaxyGraves Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is a mental thing as much as physical, something that really stuck for me is that you have to learn to love yourself now and look to improve what you have. Because if you hate your body now you will still hate it when you are thinner. It is a mental attitude.