My weight keeps going up and down

Options
rodkeyc00
rodkeyc00 Posts: 1 Member
On Tuesday I weighed 215, and today I weigh 216, why I follow a good diet and exercise. I don't understand how I gained weight. Can someone please explain this to me

Replies

• samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You need to eat less than you burn to lose weight.

Even if you're eating less than you burn, you might see temporary gains and stalls over the short term, like days and weeks, but you'll lose weight in the long term.
  • Jcl81
    Jcl81 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    rodkeyc00 wrote: »
    On Tuesday I weighed 215, and today I weigh 216, why I follow a good diet and exercise. I don't understand how I gained weight. Can someone please explain this to me

Water weight, and weight will always fluctuate regardless, it's the average that matters.
  • AndrewD315
    AndrewD315 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I go through the same thing over and over. Water for me is the problem, a day off the gym and I gain. Last week I put on 3lbs over night. Diet is locked down and it takes 3500 cals. to gain a pound so its not possible. It took 5 days to sweat it off. When its hot out I increase water no way around it. Loss graph goes up and down all the time, mostly down!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Fluctuations - completely normal!
  • CanadianStephen
    CanadianStephen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Try watching your sodium intake. I think a big part of the weight loss in most fad diets is a result of eating less sodium.
    But in any case your weight will fluctuate day to day.
  • Jenyfyr
    Jenyfyr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try watching your sodium intake. I think a big part of the weight loss in most fad diets is a result of eating less sodium...

This! I'm fighting a bit of a summer cold and opted for a quick and easy can of chicken soup for dinner on Friday night. Saturday morning I weighed myself and was up 4 pounds from when I weighed on Thursday! Yesterday was tons of fluids and non-canned foods and today I'm back to where I was Thursday. Damn sodium!
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    rodkeyc00 wrote: »

Your weight fluctuates daily. I suggest you weigh yourself daily for about 14 days or even 30 days..same time every day. Learn your body and how it works processing food and losing weight. You'll see some days you gain, some days you lose.

I have been doing this for awhile. I only have one official weigh in day (Monday Mornings ) but here's how a time period went for me.

255.2 # on My official weigh in day. The next 4 days in a row (Tues-Fri) 255.2 #
    Saturday 255.0 Sunday 253.8 and Monday my official weigh in day? 255.0 The following day?
    Tuesday 253.2 Then I skipped weighing on Wednesday and Thursday was 254.0

rowbz1axlsjz.jpg