NSV - My daughter

Options
FittingIn
FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
I'm in my 3rd week of P90X while eating a 1,900 diet. To keep myself from losing motivation, I'm not going to weigh myself until the end of 90 days.

I think I'm losing weight and inches but it was verified last night. My 9-year-old daughter gave me a hug before going to bed and said, "Oh my gosh! I can reach all the way around you!"

I had to ask her again what she meant but I verified that she either had a significant growth spurt in her arms or I have been shrinking!

Replies

• HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!!! Way to go!!:happy:
  • j_fattler
    j_fattler Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!
  • michelleengland13
    michelleengland13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had this exact NSV 2 weeks into P90X, just a few days ago... Such a great feeling!!!

Congratulations!!! Probably a great idea not to weigh, I haven't lost a pound but know I am building tons of muscles (I can see them getting larger) But it is definately hard not to get a little discouraged.

Keep up the great work!
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    That is awesome! This may be dumb but I see this all the time "NSV" but what does it mean.
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    aww so sweet! Congradulations!
  • Renonvme
    Renonvme Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is wonderful! :happy: Oh, and NSV means Non Scale Victory.
  • FittingIn
    Options
    I just learned today. It is a Non-Scale Victory.
  • FittingIn
    Options
    I had this exact NSV 2 weeks into P90X, just a few days ago... Such a great feeling!!!

Congratulations!!! Probably a great idea not to weigh, I haven't lost a pound but know I am building tons of muscles (I can see them getting larger) But it is definately hard not to get a little discouraged.

Keep up the great work!
    [/quote

I hit a plateau previously and ended up discontinuing the workouts. Even though I was getting smaller, I cared too much about the scale.

One thing I've changed this time is to do Coach Wayne's 1,900 calorie diet and I basically follow his menu recommendations. It isn't exciting, but it seems to be effective. Previously, I'd tried to stick to the calorie count but it was with whatever I chose to eat. It didn't work out has well.

You can learn more about his diet here at http://teamripped.com/my-nutritionsupplements/my-sample-diet

I'm also doing the P90X/Insanity hybrid to try to increase the calorie burn while retaining muscle.

http://teamripped.com/p90x-insanity-hybrid

I hope that it helps you!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    What a happy moment for you both! Congrats!
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Awww, that is SO SWEET!

You can't beat that kind of compliment, can you? Honest, genuine, and no ulterior motive. Sometimes I've had people say things to me that are nice, but I often wonder if I was "fishin'" for a compliment or if they're saying something because they feel they HAVE to ( like the spouse-haha)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!