Cheat Days

Options
LadyClaire86
LadyClaire86 Posts: 37 Member
edited June 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Hi peeps do anyone have a cheat day? And what do you eat on the cheat day?

Replies

• 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    The weekends for me are "cheat days". With the "cheats" I do my best to stay within calories, but don't stress the macros.
  • gnarlykickflip
    gnarlykickflip Posts: 49 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    i prefer to call them "free" days because it makes me feel less guilty than having a "cheat" day. but yes i have them from time to time! up to once a week.

what i do is i dont count my calories that day, but i do try to stop eating when i feel full. i also try to eat more filling vegetables to try to naturally want less junk. doesnt stop me from eating an entire pint of ice cream though.

its up to you if you want to try them! they dont work for everyone. i find that im doing them less often as im becoming better about making room for sweets in my calories for a normal day
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Nope. I work the foods I love into my weekly goals as I can.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Nope. Every day is a treat day. I've been able to integrate everything into my daily goal. I've never had a gain or stall.
  • PaulaSchlotterbeck
    PaulaSchlotterbeck Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do not... honestly, I love the foods I eat (which are healthy), and I love the way they make me feel. I really don't have any desire to deviate from my plan. To each their own, though! =)
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want when I want, because I plan it into calories goals.

If I go over, I didn't cheat, because cheating is immoral and bad. I'm not those. Just means that I'll have to get in track the next day.
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have 1 cheat day a week when I will cheat on 1 meal only. Usually when my husband is off from work and we go out to eat. I still log everything for that day, and try not to go way overboard.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Every once and awhile I'll give myself a day with unlimited calories. Other than that, I try to fit everything I eat in.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I used to cheat all weekend, every weekend and it would wipe out all my progress during the week. Now I typically have one cheat meal on the weekend, and try to be mindful of what it is. (I dislike the word "cheat" but don't know what else to call it).
  • LadyClaire86
    LadyClaire86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I used to cheat all weekend, every weekend and it would wipe out all my progress during the week. Now I typically have one cheat meal on the weekend, and try to be mindful of what it is. (I dislike the word "cheat" but don't know what else to call it).

Like gnarlykickflip said call it free day. My mother law calls it a star day. I call my pmt week my star week but I'm gonna try not to go off on my pmt week.
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    "Cheat day" to me means eating out & booze. Track everything, if you aren't hitting your calorie goal for the week then you've done too much. I eat less during the week in order to have fun on the weekends.
  • Kdp2015
    Kdp2015 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Now that I am close to my goal weight I try to have some days set to maintenance, seems to work so far.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to cheat yourself?
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I like the data, so I don't cheat. If I go over, I go over (and I log it). If I want something high-calorie, I fit it in and/or balance it over a few days.

Eating whatever/whenever got me where I am. No way am I going to lose or maintain once I hit goal if I go back to bad habits.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    No cheat days. If I want something extra, I exercise for it.

And I take planned diet breaks when I've reached certain weight goals.
  • kiariv
    kiariv Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have carefully planned out cheat days from time to time. I don't like the word cheat as I am NOT a cheater! I have a low tolerance for carbs so I keep them in check on a regular basis. From time to time I go off plan but the key is to jump right back on. Like now I am fasting after celebrating my grandmothers 88th birthday with family. I will be completely back on track monday
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Usually only holidays or special occasions. Today is Fathers Day in the US. I am lucky enough to still have my Dad and my hubby both to celebrate with so it has pretty much turned into a cheat weekend. I log everything but don't stress over the numbers ( well, I try not to stress). So far I've had bbq ribs and ravioli both. Today I am making strip steaks. Thats more meat than I ordinarily eat in a week!
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I call mine a green card day. I have one per month, and save it for something I really want to do. Last month my mum got remarried and I ate all the food at the wedding, dessert, cake, wine etc. :) yesterday I went to a chocolate factory in Switzerland then for a high tea, with sandwiches, cakes, scones with cream and jam, and champagne. A lot of champagne. And it was amazing. You can have a break occasionally, as long as it doesn't derail you in the long run. :)
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I call it a 4k day and just quick add 4000 calories and then eat whatever I want. These are pretty infrequent, like less than once a month.

Other times I'll go over goal but I'll log it. I go by weekly average anyway, so one day over is no big deal. I eat cake etc. regularly, nothing is off limits. I'm another one that doesn't like the word "cheat" - I prefer "treat".