desk exercises?

Options
I sit at a desk for 8hrs a day mon-fri.....Does anyone know of any exercises that i could do at my desk? Sometimes i hold my legs up as long as i can but thats basically it.:ohwell:

Replies

• Innerglow
    Innerglow Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I sit at a desk for 8hrs a day mon-fri.....Does anyone know of any exercises that i could do at my desk? Sometimes i hold my legs up as long as i can but thats basically it.:ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    You can

Hold your belly button towards you lower back. Hold for 15 seconds and repeat as many times as possible

I also hold my legs out straight. Trying scissoring them just a bit....you will get the inside of your thigh.

Butt ups are fun too!!

:flowerforyou:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Calf raises too. If you wear a head set that lets you move a little, I like to stand up and do some squats or if you have a nice cord, you can even lunge to the door and back. You can do them standing in place as well. As far as arms go,do some boxing moves or pin wheels. If people ask what you are doing, reply stretching your muscles...or something like that. Pretty soon you are walking around and there are others following suit :tongue:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I have my ankle weights
  • kammiller
    Options
    you can do butt crunches and hold in your stomach muscle for 10 secs and repeat. I sometimes do this when I am teaching at my desk, when I grade papers
  • breakinfree
    Options
    I switched out my chair for a pilates ball....I've noticed a big difference in my posture and core