micronutrients and supplements

Options
mishkins3
mishkins3 Posts: 22 Member
My main question is how come I can't find Creatine and L-Glutamine at stores that sell loads of supplements??? I hear these are essential for weightlifting.

I have a cheap kirkland brand multivitam and vega one all in one nutritional shake 20g protein 5g fibre 1.5g omega 3 antioxidents probiotics 6 serveings of veggies in a 40g scoop that I am taking daily.

I added a pill with 300mg calcium and 150mg magnesium since the multivitamin and vega one combined don't even give 50% of either together.

I also go some fill oil pills with omega 3 can't remember what brand not sure if I need them while I'm taking a full scoop of vega one, but later I'm going to take half a scoop of vega one all in one and half a scoop of a sport whey protein powerder together. I'll increase the protein and decrease the calories plus make vega one last longer.. got it on sale for 50$ for 22 days worth from 70$. It's 60 on amazon. Bought 3 of them.

any comments on the above?

I have protein bars too... about 10cal / g protein. 15g protein 150cal 3g suger 5g fibre and stevia.

I''m trying to increase muscle strength while losing weight which doesn't work well but i figured I should start trying hard since I've lost 75 pounds already and I wasn't exactly strong or fit to begin with, closer to bed ridden

I just figured out that I needed to use the 10 lb weights instead of the 3 pound weights if I want any muscle gain (85% of 1RM)

also doing lots of leg lifts and situps

30min of weights and situps and stuff and 20 min 3.5M/H 0% then 10min 2.5M/h 10% incline

I'm worried to try some of the exercises like any deadlift with bar because my back is weak and I could hurt it really easy.

DOes anyone know a good place to research exercises for someone who has been almost bedridden for a long time. Potentially Bending my back while lifting 80 pounds seems a recipe for disaster.

thanks

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Can't help you on creatine, but whole foods has L-Glutamine.
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I found L creatine at Walmart and Walgreens. I've never heard of the other. Start slowly and keep working. I started dead lifting by laying on my back with a 25lb weight on my chest and pushing it in the air. One of the main issues with my back was that my core wasn't strong enough. I have changed my way of thinking about weights by tightening my core first. Then lifting. Make sure you get a core workout in. It's essential to stronger back.
  • mishkins3
    mishkins3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what a core workout includes, but i think you mean like abs and stuff...

should I go see a diatian/nutritenest , or maybe enter physiotherarpy or just join a gym and find a trainer who can deal with this super weak muscles thing.

I have a hard time standing upright and watching a movie for 2 hours, 20min in my shoulders hurt and feel dragged down