Does a garden salad with grilled chicken seem like a healthy choice?

Options
blopmiyers
blopmiyers Posts: 195 Member
I'm going out to a restaurant tomorrow for my grandmothers birthday and I was looking at the menu. She picked the restaurant and its a "no name" so there's no telling the nutritional info. Does a garden salad with grilled chicken seem like a healthy choice?

Replies

• cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a very reasonable choice. What I do when eating at "no-name" places is to look on the websites of chain restaurants until I find a similar meal, comparable in portion size and use the nutrition facts from that to track.

Enjoy your grandmother's birthday!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well, low calorie, sure. Just watch the dressing.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sounds low on fat.
  • blopmiyers
    Options
    cabwj wrote: »
    Sounds like a very reasonable choice. What I do when eating at "no-name" places is to look on the websites of chain restaurants until I find a similar meal, comparable in portion size and use the nutrition facts from that to track.

Enjoy your grandmother's birthday!

Will do! Thanks for the reply!
  • blopmiyers
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Well, low calorie, sure. Just watch the dressing.

Yep, I'll make sure to ask for it on the side haha
  • BlondeTheHardWay
    BlondeTheHardWay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I do the same when eating out. Sounds like a safe choice. I would ask about the dressings. The high fat ones can really kill the diet. I use Balsamic vinegar only. Kind of an acquired taste.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point when I seriously swear when all that's low calorie on a menu is a @$~%~$ salad.