Calling all big chested ladies....what is a good sports bra???

Options
I am having a hard time finding a good sports bra. The maybe I can be motivated to workout if the girls stay in place or not to bouncy. At stores they never have my size so I have to order online. I am a 40dd in a regular bra and always use Bali live I up bras and haven't changed in over 10 yrs. I tried once at lane branyt but they kept falling out on 2 different bras I had help with. I get so disappointed when I order online I check the size chart look and research and hen when it finally comes in the mail I am let down. It's so discouraging. Of course I read reviews but I am also cheap and to spend 60 bucks if it's a 50 /50 chance makes me nervous. I will purchased if needed but I want opinions on what works and doesn't work. Help me please.....I do want to workout and get in that mode but stupid enough what holds me back is holding down the girls and having them supported. I am looking for high impact...I would like to run again but when I was running I had the uni boob and we're 2 bras and 2 tight tank tops to manage.so uncomfortable and embarrassing.

Replies

• cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've had the same problem searching for sports bras. Something I've started doing is wearing my tightest (fitting) bra, and then I use an old shoelace or ribbon to tie the back of the straps. The ladies stay in place and I noticed the nipple chafing has stopped.

I haven't tried them myself, but my mum swears by the brand Just My Size (available through Amazon). It's on the pricey side ($45 CAD on average), but tbh I'd be willing to pay it if I had the money.
  • lea_fitz
    lea_fitz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the Enell brand! You can get them online, but I would recommend finding a store near you that sells them to try on and jump around in the dressing room :). A couple local running stores by me had them. They're pricy, but I've had mine for years and they're fantastic. I'm a 36/40-DDD ish.
  • OneWonderWendy
    OneWonderWendy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Duct tape.... just kidding.... I haven't found a suitable one yet. Set the girls free!!!
  • cassy_cake
    cassy_cake Posts: 20 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I recently got a Gym Shark one, its pretty good! Far better than ones ive used in the past where ive literally got them far smaller than I am and had to hold my chest doing cardio :D So i'd recommend those, but would love to hear any other good ones :)
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    under armor makes a heavy duty one that zips up the front that i really like, and i also like some of the VS ones. I also double them up depending on what i'm doing.
  • Chargunshow
    Chargunshow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort has some great options and I second the Enell brand. We sell both brands at the running shoe store where I work. I would go to a store like that to get fit and get recommendations.
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    VS knockout is the best I've found for running. It's 2 bras in one.
  • Wotan39
    Wotan39 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a 40 G and I find the Dansik sports bras from Walmart are great. Get at least medium support. When I do Cardio, I usually just wear to sports bras. Hope that helps.
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32H and have a champion one that I love and I second the under amour one that zips up the front^^
  • Sbell76
    Sbell76 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Enell! They are expensive and are basically a suit of armour but they are awesome for running.
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    36 F here. I wear whichever adidas one is the highest support. It's alright, and it doesn't hurt my back or tug when I'm running, but they aren't perfectly still either.
  • Hyperbum
    Hyperbum Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I find the VS maximum support bras the best. I also double up if I'm doing a lot of jumping around. I was a 40E and crammed into their largest size. Tight fit but also kept them more secure. With weight loss I now need to downsize so I too am looking a new one. Waiting for a good price.
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    38 DD here. I buy lane bryant ones that I can cross in back. I only go for max support ones. Also using as swim bras with active swim wear tops.
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    They don't sell sports bras locally here for my size. I was also thinking about ordering online but still unsure of where to spend the money :3
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I swear by my moving comfort - maya bra, I've worn same style for years and I still have not found better , I'm a 34/DD
  • Maria_Fatima
    Maria_Fatima Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    tennileb wrote: »
    I swear by my moving comfort - maya bra, I've worn same style for years and I still have not found better , I'm a 34/DD

Did you get it online?
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have ordered from moving comfort directly as well as mec, but now my local running store sells them. The maya is basically an underwire with a compression Bra over it ( one to hold them up, one to ho,d them down)
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I like the lululemon "ta-ta tamer" and "the bust stops here" bras, and I believe they go up to DDD. I know for sure they have DD.

I trained to make custom bras and the key to preventing bounce is to have extra support above the breast as well as below and from the front. Look for something with a reinforced panel on the top third of the cup, and that should keep 'em locked down
  • Rmintert86
    Rmintert86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a natori bra that is amazing. I wish I had more. They are about $35-45 for the kind I like. And they have a lot of sizes.
  • ShawShaw34
    ShawShaw34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try Freya. It is my favorite holds tight, underwire, and some have a t-back clip as well. Made for larger bust. You shoyld go get professionally fit for a bra. Most of the large cities should have a specialty store. Highly recommend.