Key to a successful life.

Options
derek1237654
derek1237654 Posts: 234 Member
I have come to realize that i must do 2+ hours of intense excercise 7 days a week or my life goes to *kitten* very quickly. I think i have found the meaning of life. It has been my experience that 2 hours of intense excercise is the sweet spot. It really changed my life. I can sleep atleast an hour less per night consistently so i gain back one of the hours right there. I have more energy which means i can accomplish more in less time than i could before in all aspects of life from work to caring for my son etc. I eat less and better the more i work out and have zero cravings for junk food. I get less stress and depressive symptoms. I have serious focus now.
An hour a day just doesnt cut it for me it has to be a minimum 2 hours. Who would of known that by investing the time to do this much excercising would actually buy you back more hours than you put in. If i do 2 hours a day its like the days are atleast 26 hours long. Its truly amazing. And the proof lies in the way i feel when i have missed a few days or more. Every aspect of life goes downhill very quickly as soon as i stop.
I hope this will help others who struggle with any aspect of their lives.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How does it go downhill? Do you gain weight? Why does it have to be intense and 7 days a week?
  • derek1237654
    Options
    It goes downhill in the sense that i quickly start lacking energy, sleeping more, eating worse, gaining weight, feeling depressed...just about every crappy symptom you could think of. And it has to be everyday because i just dont feel right missing even one day.
  • derek1237654
    Options
    For me its like breathing air if i dont excercise to an intense degree daily i will start to suffocate.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Yeah well, doesn't work for many, glad it works for you. When I tried it I managed to add achilles tendinitis to my "lifelong issues I need to manage".

The real key to a successful life? Habit building, with or without exercise, preferably with a sustainable level of exercise. It also works in many aspects of your life, not only weight loss.
  • derek1237654
    Options
    For me excercise is as essential to life as eating food or breathing....without it i will die...maybe not as quick as not breathing but i wouldnt take that long.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Ok
  • amusedmonkey
    Options
    I'm curious, once you reach your goal weight how are you going to maintain it if you work out a lot and eat very few calories? Aren't you concerned you would be slipping into the other extreme of unhealthy? How do you think your energy would feel then?
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Rest is super important, fitness gains happen on rest days. People can exercise too much, it is just as bad as eating too much or not enough.
  • amusedmonkey
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Rest is super important, fitness gains happen on rest days. People can exercise too much, it is just as bad as eating too much or not enough.

He's on a low calorie diet to boot.
  • derek1237654
    Options
    Yeah well, doesn't work for many, glad it works for you. When I tried it I managed to add achilles tendinitis to my "lifelong issues I need to manage".

The real key to a successful life? Habit building, with or without exercise, preferably with a sustainable level of exercise. It also works in many aspects of your life, not only weight loss.

You are right habit building is the key. It just happens that for me the most essential is excercise and nutrition. It is through this that i can maintain all other habits which are beneficial. And i wasnt actually referring to weight loss specifically. I have to do 2 hours wether im trying to lose weight or not.
  • derek1237654
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    My experience is quite the opposite. I walk every other day at a moderate pace for a half hour. It's calming, it improves my sleep and my breathing, and it makes my natural pessimism less intense. Strenuous daily exercise impairs my ability to manage daily stressors, inflames my lungs, makes my joints and muscles ache with no respite, gives me insomnia and lowers my mood.

Interesting i guess we are all different. Im glad you have found what works for you.
  • queenliz99
    Options
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. 2 hours a day isn't excessive. Working 8 or more hours a day at a crap job is excessive :smile:
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to find the sweet spot for my exercise regimen. Currently I do an hour of cardio 5-6 times a week and 30 minutes of lifting once a week. I was doing my workouts in the evening after dinner, but I've recently moved my workout time to morning/early evening. This has been working nicely for me, as I feel I can actually wind down and relax in the evenings now. I don't really enjoy lifting very much, but I feel as if I should at least do it at least once a week to help with body composition (its better than not doing it at all, right?). But, I also want to feel stress-free and happy when it comes to working out, and sometimes I feel stressed to do it. If I don't do it, then I feel stressed because I didn't do it! It's like a see-saw effect, but I'd rather be making progress with my body than do nothing at all...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I actually believe 2 hours and 13 minutes is the sweet spot, but whatever...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!