Anyone lost lots of weight NOT had excess skin????

Options
13»

Replies

• airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I worried about this as well as I'd been heavy BMI 44% (& lost & gained & lost & gained etc) for over half my life, so between that and age (>50) my skin was NOT going to snap back anytime soon, IF ever. :noway:

I had batwings from day #1 (trying to do some weight training at this point in my journey) so I knew losing weight was going to give me some excess skin in areas not so readily visible (thankfully). I never wore a bikini so that never a concern.

What I do have at this point (minus 132 lbs since 6/2012) is NOT bad. The bit of excess right now is below the belly button and upper inner thighs. I knew thighs were going to be an issue but pleasantly surprised at this point about the lack of hanging gut skin.

I'm hoping over time things will firm/tone up but considering what I lost I'm very content with how things are at this point, rather have the skin sag than filled up with all the pounds.:bigsmile:
  • Officially_Rosey
    Officially_Rosey Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Velum_cado wrote: »
    It seems like some people (like me) will get excess skin no matter what. I'm losing fairly slowly (nearly 100 lbs in about a year and a half), I drink loads of water, and I'm doing weight training, which are the things I guess I'm supposed to do to prevent excess skin. I'm still fat, but I have quite a bit of excess skin already. I think a lot depends on genetics, really.

^This! I 've only lost 15kgs so far (and have a lot more to go) but I'm already seeing where the loose skin is gonna be :neutral: Oh well, guess I might as well start working on letting it not bother me.
    P.S. I've been doing strength training since I began and it hasn't seemed to help. Might be because I've been carrying this large amount of weight for over 5 years, so it's too overstretched to shrink back.