1200 calories a day Vegans. Please share your diet.

Options
bhanvi
bhanvi Posts: 133 Member
Thank you :)

Replies

• jeebieheebies
    jeebieheebies Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have been 1200 calorie vegan for about 10 days now. I'll add you! :)
  • smile_saurus
    smile_saurus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am not a vegan, or a vegetarian really but I find that beans & legumes leave me feeling a 'cleaner' type of full after I eat, in a not-bogged-down sort of way. Which is especially helpful for my workouts. I just bought a book called 'The Vegan Table' and have made the Old Fashioned Lentil Loaf which was out of this world amazing! There are tons of great recipes in it, I highly recommend it to everyone - vegans or not! I got it on Amazon.
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian on 1300/day + exercise calories, but I went through my diary to find a vegan day with no exercise. Here's what I ate:

Breakfast (350 cal):
    Oatmeal with chia sees, hemp hearts, raisins, brown sugar
    Coffee

Lunch (400 cal):
    Large quinoa salad with edamame beans, a bunch of other veggies
    http://www.foodiecrush.com/thai-quinoa-salad/ (I omit the fish sauce and sugar)

Dinner (450 cal):
    Curry lentils with rice and green beans
    http://pinchofyum.com/red-curry-lentils (I omit the sugar and add a large side of roasted veggies)

Total: 1200 cal (I also had a 90 calorie coconut "ice cream" sandwich for dessert, since I'm on 1300 :wink: )

I prefer to eat three large-ish satisfying meals, with minimal snacking in between, but some people prefer to eat 4-6 smaller meals throughout the day. That's just personal preference. Lentils and beans keep me pretty full also supply a decent amount of protein. Tofu is versatile, although I do get sick of it after a while. Tempeh is fantastic for sandwiches, salads, etc. I don't know if it's available where you live, but the Tofurkey brand marinated tempeh is great (http://www.tofurky.com/what-we-make/tempeh/smoky-maple-bacon/).

Good luck!
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm 1300 plus some exercise calories, but not all and not all the time. Breakfast is overnight oats with chia seeds, almonds, unsweetened soy milk, fruit and a little maple syrup. Lunch is a green smoothie with vegan protein, usually Vega. Dinner is always different but kid friendly. Soups, pastas, burritos, bean burgers, smart dogs, salads, etc. I have a ton of vegan cookbooks and I make a variety of dinners.

I try to only snack on fruit if I get hungry between meals. Sometimes I have leftovers for lunch if u don't feel like a green smoothie.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Depending on the day I'll eat anywhere from 1,000-1400 calories. I can't really give too many ideas, because I try and eat different things all the time. I've been on a lentil taco kick lately, which depending on how you make them and how many you make is usually about 2-300 calories. I've made vegan chili with and without a meat substitute. Lentil loaf, dairy-free Mac and cheese, veggie hot dogs with black bean sauce and daiya cheddar, tofurkey gyros, black bean and soy bean patties, rice and daiya enchiladas etc.

Feel free to add me or send me a message for any ideas!
  • nikkxjohnson
    nikkxjohnson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I average about 1300-1600 calories a day depending on my exercise for the day. Feel free to add, I do tend to stick to the same foods, fyi
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm eating mostly plant based diet with (very) occasional bit of cheese and sometimes salmon. Usually I'm between 1200-1500 kcal, depending how much I move during the day ;) Feel free to add me!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a set "diet".

YMMV, but I've found it helpful to focus mostly on dinner. I don't eat breakfast and have a very light lunch - <300 calories of fruit salad, cashews, popcorn, etc.

That leaves me 900+ calories for dinner, my favorite meal. Which can be literally anything you want, with that many calories!
  • cincysue
    cincysue Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started a 1200 plan. After losing 43 pounds my weight loss leveled off. I realized I now have to pay attention to calories more. I have been oil free for 6 months But plan is to stick to whole foods which are typically less calorie dense and fill you up- brown rice, potatoes, giant salads etc.
  • SadDolt
    SadDolt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1700 a day
  • peanutchele
    peanutchele Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a 1200 day + exercise vegan. I'm only on day 5 here but have been vegan 3 years. It's taken some tweaking to hit my protein without blowing out calories but it's working.