Wrong calculation?

Options
zoe6724
zoe6724 Posts: 30 Member
rh4t13imvzg3.png

I've posted about this before but didn't really get an answer. According to my macros, I have 11 protein, 3 fat and 2 carbs left (subtracting fiber) and it's saying I've went over by 71 calories. So shouldn't it say I have calories left?

Replies

• WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    No, the calorie count only tracks calories. Thats the only data that is taken into account.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    zoe6724 wrote: »
    rh4t13imvzg3.png

I've posted about this before but didn't really get an answer. According to my macros, I have 11 protein, 3 fat and 2 carbs left (subtracting fiber) and it's saying I've went over by 71 calories. So shouldn't it say I have calories left?
    Because the US includes fiber in their carbohydrate goals, it says you went over. Other countries list fiber separately and only give the net carbs.
  • CanadianStephen
    CanadianStephen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fibre does not have calories.
    The sugar is included in the carbohydrates.
    You do not get to subtract if you go under for your sugars.

You are 224 calories over on your carbohydrates.
    You are 44 calories under for your proteins.
    You are 21 calories under for your fats.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    There's actually been information recently published about the calories that fiber DOES have (usually around 2g carbs). in any case, and regardless, you should only be focusing on calories. You can use the macros as rough estimates, but MFP is notorious for having wrong/missing macro and micro information.

You are going to have a bad time if you think that MFP is accurate when it comes to macro and micronutrient information.