Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

At home workouts?

As I've mentioned before, I've been taking metformin to help with weight loss and I lost 4 pounds within the first two days. However, even with eating healthy and the medication, I've decided some exercise will help too. I don't go to a gym, but I do have a yoga mat, two 5 pound hand weights, and a glider (I think that's what it's called?). What are some/where to find good at home workouts for weightloss?

Replies

• jlavdl86
    jlavdl86 Posts: 22 Member
    YouTube -I'm in love with fitness blender because they aren't yelling at you and there is no music so I can play my own while still listening to them speak
  • IAmThunderHawk
    IAmThunderHawk Posts: 231 Member
    YouTube, YouTube, YouTube! Check out the lean machines
  • neela1880
    neela1880 Posts: 56 Member
    Jessica smith tv, bodyfit by Amy and Fitnessblender
  • lindyloo82
    lindyloo82 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2016
    Everyone. I can't recommend Jillian Michael's enough.

Although her workouts are not for the feint hearted, they are extremely effective. She combines HITT training and conditioning to get the most from each workout. I do the 'six week six pack' workout regularly and mix it up with her "30 day shred". The 30 shred really drops the weight off you and if you mix it with the 6 week six pack you can really see results in your muscle tone (I do them about 4/5 times a week, they only last about 20-30 mins). I've worked out in Gyms before yet never seen much of a change in my muscle tone but Jillian gets the most out of each work out. I have dropped the 30 day now as I don't want to loose anymore weight, so now I'm searching for a booty workout to mix things up...Any recommendations?? I am proud to say I know have a six pack after years of trying and I am sure you can too...Go for it!!!
  • scochran3216
    scochran3216 Posts: 3 Member
    darebee.com is pretty cool for various different workouts. My wife and I have just recently started keto (2 weeks) and we've been doing the 30 day HIIT workouts from darebee and its been a pretty good way to get back into the swing of things (we are in our 40's/50's), but we are gradually moving from level 1 to level 2 as our bodies adjust to moving athletically again. Short workouts to start and you can increase intensity over time. There are other workouts as well that look fun and keep things varied. check it out.
  • tori7754
    tori7754 Posts: 13 Member
    Iv been doing Shaun T's T25 from BeachBody and it has been great for me! Easier to do at home with less time to myself having kids running around. I bought the DVD set on Ebay for less than it sells on the website.
  • XstinaMorgan87
    XstinaMorgan87 Posts: 1 Member
    I've done Alpha, Beta and Gamma and lost 25lbs and a ton of inches. I love Beachbody products. I am now a Beachbody Coach and LOVE IT!!! I've been doing Insanity for the past 3 weeks after finishing Insanity Max:30! I highly recommend you signing up for a free account so you can have a free coach, like me! I also drink Shakeology everyday and it makes me feel great!!! Message me if you would be interested.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2016
    neela1880 wrote: »
    Jessica smith tv, bodyfit by Amy and Fitnessblender

Another vote for Jessica Smith....she doesn't bark at you and there is no bad as* TV persona.

www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv