Food scale?

Options
Hi everyone!
So I've been trying really hard to lose weight, and have not been successful at all but not giving up :)

I want to purchase a food scale because I have a feeling I'm overeating, does anyone have suggestions for a brand or type?
Thank you!

Replies

• cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    It doesn't have to be a certain brand or anything fancy/expensive. Just get one that measures in grams and has a tare feature for calibrating when you place a bowl on it.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale, 19.95USD on Amazon. I own both this and their bathroom scale, very satisfied with both.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've been through a lot of them. As long as they have a tare button and weigh in grams, I'm good.
  • pdadhich721
    pdadhich721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Nope i got a 10$ one from target that works great but i only use it for when i actually need to weigh food not for my eating. But if youre not good at eyeing your portions then yes get one thats probably it. Ive never used one for my calories id ratger have slow weight loss with more food then be hungry all the time because im actually eating 200 more calories a day than i think. Not worth it
  • miconsumafuoco
    miconsumafuoco Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I didn't know anything about buying a scale but luckily got something that works well from Walmart for $15 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Slim-Digital-Kitchen-Scale/49927625?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228037926929&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=90376024232&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=182513198912&veh=sem

It does both grams and ounces but the button to switch is inconveniently placed of the bottom. Not that inconvenient though. Digital is nice and exact, and easy on the eyes. A scale that can zero out with a bowl or whatever on top is a must, which this one does. Because of this, a scale that does more than a couple of pounds is good too. Wish it was a bit bigger to better hold a plate and not cover the numbers, but it works. Having a food scale for the first time ever has really helped me to be sure my eyes aren't doing the measuring and that I'm eating the calories I think I am. Measuring cups as well. I hope over time these will help me have better instinct when there's no scale around.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    walmart, target, bbbeyond all have digital food scales.
  • alylynn10
    alylynn10 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've had my scale for years and only paid $10! It measures the basics, don't need something fancy!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Love my food scale. Just picked one up at BEd, Bath, beyond. I have been using for two years. I really had no idea what much food you really are until I had the scale.

It is also so helpful for food prep. Cooked a bunch of chicken this morning and bagged up 4oz of chicken together for later use in lunches and dinners this week!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    For those who may note be 100% sure from the above what a tare feature does, it lets you with a button push deduct the weight of the container so you can put a bowl or plate on the scale, then add the food to be weighed. That and measurement in a variety of units (grams, ounces, pounds) are the most important features in my book.