New member Susan

Options
My name is Susan and I'm an old/new fitness pal member. Havent done it for awhile. Really need encouragement to keep up my good eating habits and exercise and to write it down.

Replies

• KieshawnMiddleton
    KieshawnMiddleton Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I weighed myself, and I'm at my heaviest. My realization is that I look for immediate results, and I quit once I don't see anything. One day at a time will be my mantra. I know my goal, but I have to do what I have to do for today. Exercise and make the right decisions about what I eat. Yes, I may mess up one day, but that doesn't mean I have to give up. Just do better! I'll add you, please feel free to add me! Let's do this, one day at a time.
  • joannabosley
    joannabosley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've tried everything... Low carbs, low fat, sugar free.... And on and on and on. I'm using this app now as a tool to help me as I prepare for gastric sleeve surgery. It's just a tool they tell you... Definitely so! I'm 5 days in on the pre op liquid diet and cheating is not an option but it's still very tempting. I wish everyone the best and so far don't have regrets about choosing surgery as a help. I have been over 200 pounds my entire adult life. And just turned 42 yesterday. I don't expect to be a supermodel. I just want to be healthy and feel good about myself. Good luck to you!
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Joanna, I have a friend that had that surgery and is steadily losing weight. I'm a professional weight loser/gainer and knowledge is key. The surgery is a tool, but you still must learn how to eat along the way. I wish you the best. By the way, we have the same last name. @joannabosley