Needing help with dinners,lunches, and breakfast...weight loss help!

Options
tricialinderman
tricialinderman Posts: 1 Member
Ok everyone im trying to lose 85 pounds by june of next year. My husband and i are very picky eaters, but i need advice and recipes that we both will love..anyone? Thankyou!

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Picky eaters wanting advise from strangers on how to feed a very picky eating family? Cute.. :o

Well I think you should start by saying what you eat, if you cook, etc..

Advise in the form of what? What do you need help with? If you setup MFP, just eat those calories that MFP gave you to eat each day to loose weight. There is no magic formula other than eat what you already love to eat, in a sense just eat less of it.

I would recommend that you buy a food scale. You might not need it right off the bat according to how much you have to loose and as you get closer to goal or perhaps you encounter a weight loss stall, you will want to weigh your food and calculuate your intake as precisely as can.

Will you b exercising?

Do tell more about what you need?
  • wtliftchick
    wtliftchick Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    That's a broad request! Perhaps you could state some of the foods you like?

Not a recipe, just a tip. If you are both picky eaters, when you find something healthy that you both like, don't be afraid to eat it several times a week if not every day. I wouldn't do that for all three meals but say breakfast, you really like steel cut oats with blueberries, eat it every day. I find that making things routine can take the stress out of meal planning and helps prevent calorie overload. My breakfast every day is coffee, tablespoon cream and half cup full fat cottage cheese. It's my least favorite meal so i make it low calorie and routine. Leaves more fun for dinner.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What do you eat now, just eat less!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    A list of what you do and don't eat would be helpful. Picky is a very subjective term
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It in order for us to make suggestions, you need to list 7 or 8 things that you do it. :)
  • AlwaysRoomForPi
    AlwaysRoomForPi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    For breakfast in a hurry my go-to is multi-grain cheerios with 1% milk. Dry cereal, pre-portioned and put in baggies, is a great snack to have on hand for fighting off cravings.

Also- you're going to have to get over being picky. You could start small and add new things in as you're able, but you're not going to lose 85 pounds by doing what you're doing now.

I have found that I like quinoa, with lots of Chipotle (no salt) seasoning, and it's easy to cook in a rice cooker. But back when I was being picky, I would never have tried it.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I wont repeat what everyone else has said. But here are 3 ideas: Roasted vegetables. There are a million things you can do with them. Eat them plain, in a grain ( like quinoa or bulger) salad or over a small portion of pasta.
    Eat smaller portions of your current meals.
    Scrambled eggs with lots of vegetables and a tablespoon or 2 of parmesean cheese.