Endomorphic men who lift weights.

Options
To briefly introduce myself...

I'm 28, male, from London. Recently given up milk and booze (milk made me obese. I ain't kiddin') and have dropped from 220lbs to 206lbs since early May lifting weights and rowing. Now I feel eased into it it's time to diversify and hike up the pressure.

I'm looking for some kind souls who have transformed/are transforming an endomorphic body into a brick sh*thouse and can offer some advice or encouragement whenever they have the time. I have determination and OCD. Watching my progress should be entertaining, at least. So, add me, or comment, and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bill

P.S. I have a pretty bad knee and squats and running are out of the question.

P.P.S. I'm a trained Michelin-starred chef who can make 100 calories feel like 500. Advice on food? I got it.

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    My husband is such a man. He has trouble with motivation though. He will only go to the gym if I go; he will only lift if I lift. I'm arthritic and I have to take my lifting slowly and often have to skip a few days due to flared up joints. He weighs 310 pounds but at his optimal body composition he would weigh 225. It's frustrating. He has amazing musculature and very thick bones (determined by body scan/metabolism testing) yet he's still wearing all this unnecessary fat on top of it. I'm still trying to figure out what can psychologically motivate him rather than "wife dragging husband to gym and husband keeping up out of obligation."
  • BillyBuffTing88
    BillyBuffTing88 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Show him my updates. I got 12 months to given myself tone. That's my arbitrary target.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Okay!
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Add me! We are on a similar path with very similar goals :) Good luck!
  • BillyBuffTing88
    BillyBuffTing88 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Aight!