Weight Watchers vs MFP

Options
So I had alot of success with MFP a few years ago and maintained my weight loss for the first time ever until our life hit a bump in the road and we ended up moving from my beloved South to NE Indiana! I had a hard time with the move and let my eating and exercise habits die while I wallowed in my depression. Needless to say, I gained. So our health insurance pays for WW for 12 weeks so I thought why not. Well I lost 5 pounds and that was it. I just found the points system did not work for me. I have since been back at MFP for about a week now and while I have not gotten on the scale I can tell in my clothes. So free or not, from now on, I will stick with what works for me!!! Victory MFP!!

Replies

• dawning
    dawning Posts: 32
    Options
    I like MFP because I make all the decisions. I eat what I want ,when I want and learn to eat less my way. But the best part is that MFP is FREE and works for me.
  • lolathompson
    lolathompson Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We are here and you are too lets do this!
  • GiuliaShakespeare
    Options
    My mom just started Weight Watchers today. She tried MFP and she just didn't like it. I started MFP in January, did it through early February and was really happy with the results! I had a lull because of school but I'm back now and in it for the long-haul. Anyway, today when she went in to pick up her starting pack and get weighed, she kept asking me if I wanted to join her, and it had me thinking about why I really genuinely didn't...

The reason I prefer MFP over Weight Watchers is the control I feel I have over my diet. I can log on and see not just calories, but also things like protein (which is important for a vegetarian to keep track of) and sodium (which is important for anyone! but extra important for someone whose family history puts her at risk for sodium-related diseases). All of it is lined up and terrifically easy for me to track. Plus, MFP really makes me feel like I'm changing my lifestyle, not going on a diet. When I track my stuff on MFP, my mindset is just different. Points are too abstract for me personally to work with.

I think Weight Watchers is GREAT for some people! Power to them. It just doesn't work for me.

So yeah... MFP Pals unite! :) (...and we can give our Weight Watchers Buddies a high five as well!)