Cheat Meals

Options
Are cheat meals bad? I just had an ice cream cone and I couldn't feel any worse (mentally). I mean I've gone from 315-195, but all I want is visual abs and I feel like I'm far from my goal, and I'm killing myself over this ice cream. Are cheat meals bad?

Replies

• cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cheat meals don't really exist. Just log it. Congrats on your weight loss. that is awesome
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    No such thing as a cheat meal. If you overeat, you overeat. Just log it and forget it.
  • Jenpiddles
    Jenpiddles Posts: 44 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    A lapse in diet is no big deal here and there. Nothing at all wrong with an occasional treat. Don't beat yourself up, log it and move on. :)
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    You've lost 120 pounds and are beating yourself up over one ice cream cone?? Congrats on the loss btw...
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    kendahlj wrote: »
    You've lost 120 pounds and are beating yourself up over one ice cream cone?? Congrats on the loss btw...

This. OP that doesn't sound like a healthy outlook on food...

That's not a cheat meal. It's just ice cream. Many of us eat it daily and still achieve our goals.

• STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Please don't call this a cheat meal. By calling it a cheat meal you're implying you're doing something wrong, You're not.
    For this to be a viable lifestyle you have to enjoy it and by depriving yourself of stuff that you enjoy it's not going to work.

You should be extremely proud of what you've done. You lost a hundred twenty pounds. I don't know what you did or how long it took you but that's a great accomplishment.

• TylerWhiite
    TylerWhiite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! It's just very tough. I'm 19 and have been obese my whole life. I've changed my life and my life long dream is just to get abs. I feel I'm close, and sometimes get hard on myself when I eat something high in carbs/sugar.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Does it fit in your calorie goal?

If yes, you are still on track, well done. Stop obsessing over carbs and sugar. The only way you got obese was by eating TOO MUCH, and the only way you could end up obese again is by eating TOO MUCH - as in too many calories. Not by eating "bad things". NO food is bad. You will not manage to maintain if there are some foods which are "banned". Every type of food is allowed. Just don't eat too much!

And if you went over your calorie goal for the day? It happens. Give yourself a break. Tomorrow is another day. But make sure you have logged it.
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you have that amount of dedication to lose 120 pounds I certainly believe sometime soon you will see your abs. As others have said just log it and move on. 1 or 2 5000 calorie days never hampered my progress (as long as you don't make a habit of it). The grind is for the long haul. Again congratulations on the weight loss.
  • xRezin
    xRezin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to feed the Cravings. As long as you're not doing it everyday or every meal you should be ok. I allow myself a cheat meal once a week maybe twice a week depending. We often enjoy a pizza, and maybe on another day will have a bit of frozen yogurt or maybe an Ice Cream Sandwich. It helps kill the cravings, and it's not that bad if you don't do it that often.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on never eating ice cream again? Because, in order for weight loss to be sustainable, you have to allow yourself to eat things that you like. I lost over 160# total, and in order to have lost the weight, and maintained the loss for over 2-1/2 years, I have taught myself portion control, and all foods/beverage in moderation. It is working so far, and hopefully it will work for a very long time.