On the road

I'm about to go out of town for a long set of hours and I don't want to go eating badly so I was wondering what I should do? Should I pack lunch (If so what do you suggest?) or are there any restaurants that would be good.

Replies

• photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    My husband travels quite a bit for work. I do 2 things for him: 1) pack something with lots of protein that he can take with him (string cheese, hard boiled eggs, chicken breast) and 2) identify a couple of healthy food options in the area where he'll be traveling. He usually doesn't end up eating too poorly.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I think packing your lunch would definitely be best, but if all else fails, you can always stop in at a Subway to eat. I would check their website first, because there are tons of things there that are not nearly as healthy as we are led to believe (high sodium, for example). But then again, just about anything you get there would be better than McDonald's or Burger King!
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    or stop at a store and buy some sensible foods on the trip :wink:
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    I would pack something before you go. I pack my husband's lunch with chicken or salmon with spinach, and then I put in dried fruits and nuts as a side, or sometimes raw veggies. Filling and easy!
  • If I have to eat out when I travel I use my fitness pal to search different restaurants to find out what I can eat to stay within my calorie range. I also try to have protein shakes available with me as a meal replacement.
  • BMTG
    BMTG Posts: 7
    Thank you everyone for advice! :)