Going to college... going to lose it

Options
Hi! I'm Sara and I've only been using MFP for about a month - but inconsistently. I'm going to try to use it more often, because I have lost 4 lbs since I started. I am going to college at the end of August and would like to get in better shape. I havent done much physical activity in the past two years and have consistenetly gained 3+ lbs everytime I go to the doctor.
At the beginning of June I started a beginner's program for Crossfit and I love it. I need to get into the best shape I can for Air Force ROTC in the Fall. I know having friends here will help encourage me to stick with, and I'll encourage you too! I'm excited for this journey, but I know it will be hard.

-S. :)

Replies

• MasterXelcas
    MasterXelcas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Im going to college in august as well, and am trying my dam hardest to lose as much as possible. Im currently pushing my way through the insanity workout which is great and using this site. If you have the money, getting insanity or p90x will help you out a lot. Im only in my 1st week and feel like i am already getting better :)
  • Deon918
    Deon918 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i am going into my sophmore year of college and joined this site because of the ditch i dug myself in my freshman year. I was very fit before i started my first year but i got so wrapped in school and just made horrible choices in the kitchen but now i am trying to lose 25 pounds before school starts in august and just have faith that i can watch what i eat while keeping up with school work becuase it gets very hard.
  • pvbcaroline
    Options
    Congrats on the 4 pounds! I just finished my first year at colleg and used MFP occasionally, but when I did I ate better, felt better, and was happier. Try your hardest to put the food you eat in MFP so you don't eat all the bad college food and can keep track of your success.
    Good luck!
  • scleve11
    scleve11 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks guys! I know we can do this! : ))
  • VictoriaM5858
    VictoriaM5858 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Victoria. I'm starting college at the end of August too. I'm from Pittsburgh but I'm going to be going to school in New York City so I'm trying so hard to lose as much as I can before I leave. I've lost 3.5 pounds since I started coming on here and I lost 10 more before I discovered MFP. I have also started bike riding every morning... I feel like thats an awkward place to leave my paragraph but I have nothing else to say.. haha. :)