A fresh start for Marion

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Marion. I'm new to the forums here but not new to MFP. I've been using it to count calories and track my loss for years now but this time I want to make sure I succeed so I'm hoping to meet new friends and create a support network.

I'm mainly just counting calories and trying to stay as low carb as I can, and I'm hoping to lost 10kg by the end of August for my brother-in-law's birthday.

A little about me and my "journey" so far...
Started on Optifast at the end of 2013 until mid-2014 and lost 25kgs. I tried a few things after that before trying to go back to Optifast but I just couldn't get my head in the game. I managed to more or less maintain my weight loss until mid-2015 when it slowly crept back. So here I am, weighing in at 116.1kg (256lbs) but more determined then ever to create positive change.

For me alcohol has always been my weak point, so I've resolved to give up drinking except on special occasions. It'll be tough but it's my best shot at success. I'm planning on eating 1300cal per day to start and slowly increase if I find my body needs more fuel. I'm hypermotivated at the moment so I'm actually having trouble eating enough. I've never felt so in control of my eating so eating more seems like a way to lose that control. I know I need to eat to fuel my body though.

Anyway I'd love to meet new friends so we can support each other.

Cheers,

Marion

Replies

• sayingyes2success
    sayingyes2success Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi Marion! My name is Lis. I've lost almost 40 pounds so far and have 58 more to go. Feeling very motivated and supportive. Feel free to add me.
  • mariondkruger
    mariondkruger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Lis!

I should say that ultimately I'd like to lose 35kg (75lbs) but I'm just taking it one day at a time.

I've decided to try and blog my weight loss to help keep me on track. It won't make for terribly interesting reading but I'll try to remember to link here when I post in case people are interested. The link to my blog is: https://squeecakes.wordpress.com/