Where are my mom's of toddlers/preschoolers at?

Options
AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
Hi Ladies,

My name is Anne. I started MFP years ago. I found a great group of friends on here :) I have a almost 5 year old and a 2 year old. I stay at home with my girls most of the time and run a seasonal business. Before kids I ran daily, I am just now getting back into exercising most days. I really need to adjust my eating but it is HARD with little kids and being home all day. I would like to lose 15 lbs. I am looking for mom's in similar situations who want to support each other. Thanks!

Replies

• Tldavis3s
    Tldavis3s Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I was a stay at home mom for the first year and half of my daughters life. She's 2 now and for the past 6 months I've been in a RN program. I lost 50 lbs using MFP in 2013 but after having my baby I struggled up and down. I've recently finally started using it religiously and weighing all of my foods. I'm down about 9 lbs since mid May. I currently run a few days a week and use a Jawbone to track steps. I do body weight exercises right now. I love lifting when I have the ability to go to the gym.
  • BlendaBrenda
    BlendaBrenda Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a SAHM too!! My kids are 11, 6, and 2 and I'm STILL trying to lose the 30lbs I gained with my last one. I've been here for about a year on and off, but the last month I've been doing really well! I've been doing p90x in the mornings when I make lunch for DH... at 5am, but I'm realizing I just have to do what works. I'm adding you! Diary is open. Not super impressive, but real at least. I'm still nursing too, so my calories are kinda high, but slow and steady is okay with me!!!
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a sahm too. One toddler and two school aged kids here. Food is not an issue for me, it's finding time to workout. I usually workout (either weights or elliptical) while my toddler naps, if I'm not busy with other things (haha). Or on the weekend My 6&7 yr old like doing workout videos with me while the youngest one plays with his toys. I've been sick for the past few weeks and really not able to workout as often or for as long as I'd like. I'm really hoping I'll be able to jump back into everything soon.
  • WA_mama2
    WA_mama2 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My youngest is three, my oldest is almost 11. I'm also doing the housewife thing, until she goes to Kinder.
  • adawn1981
    adawn1981 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM to a 2 year old and a 1 year old! I lost the baby weight, but have been gaining weight back, probably from breastfeeding, not sleeping well and stress. I've got 10-15 I need to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • shelleyrhoads
    shelleyrhoads Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a 6 and 3 year olds. I also have a 13 and 15 Year olds. I'm home 5 nights a week but do 17 hrs shifts 2 days a week. I know the struggle:)
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have a 4yo and 15month. I was on MFP before I had them, but recently have started logging in food again as I got tired of carrying all this baby weight. Plus I don't want to buy bigger clothes!! Lol!! I try to pre log my meals the night before. The biggest change I've made is cutting out sweets No desert!! And just reducing my portion sizes. My pants are starting to feel comfy again and that's more motivation for me lol!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. It sounds like we are in the same spot! I will add you guys.
  • tori7754
    tori7754 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have 4 girls they are 10,6,3,2 years old. I have about 25 more pounds to lose to hit my goal of 125lbs. It can be a struggle with them getting to the gym or even working out at home. Trying to encourage them to eat healthy with me has been a challenge at times. Would like to have other moms for support and to swap healthy recipes that my kids might enjoy too!!
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a 5 year old boy and a 1 year old girl, who i am still nursing. Looking to lose 20 more lbs
  • fauxfurfoxxy
    fauxfurfoxxy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat!! I have an 18 month old I am still nursing 3-4 times a day when I am home (I work 40 hours a week). MFP tells me to eat 1220 calories to lose 1 pound per week. I see breastfeeding a toddler is -200 calories, but I wonder if I should even eat those 200 calories since I am at work most of the day. How many calories are y'all eating? I am really JUST beginning to count calories and I would like to lost 20 Ibs.
  • debp382
    debp382 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a sahm as well with a 3.5 year old and 11 month old (who is teething). Sleep and energy are lacking. I have a fitbit and try to get out when it's not too hot (feels like 1000° out). Feel free to add me as I could use the encouragement.
  • jpundt101
    jpundt101 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a 13yr old 11yr old 2yr old and a 10mo old. I too just need to loose about 30 and mainly my belly. I was eating horribly all the time every meal and smack it's now been 12 days of dieting and exercising and I got on the scale today and GAINED a lb I am so frustrated it's hard work dieting and exercising I don't know where I'm going wrong
  • kiwitreelady
    kiwitreelady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting started here. I'm a SAHM with 6 and 3-year-old daughters. I had a severe ankle sprain in December that kept me off my feet for a few months, and I'm finally pain-free enough to start walking for exercise again. I've got a high school reunion in September that is giving me plenty of motivation.
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey I am a stay at home mom with a 5 year old, a 2 year old, and my 1 year old. Have been trying to lose weight for a long time before I had kids I lost 50lbs since having kids it's been sooo hard. I struggle a lot with food, I emotionally binge, or snack because the kids are hungry every hour. Exercise comes easy to me I try to at least workout for 45mins with strength training 4x a week. Having logging on Mfp seriously for 3 months, have only lost about 5lbs. I have a little over 100lbs to lose so I get so depressed and discouraged. Add me!
  • pjohnson0787
    pjohnson0787 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    SAHM HERE TOO!
    I have 11,5 and 1 year olds. I have over 100 lbs to lose. Im really struggling with emotional/stress binging.
    Anyone in similar situations add me!
  • mysticatgal1
    mysticatgal1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    SAHM to a 3 year old and 2 year old here! I have been obese all my adult life but kids didn't help. looking to be healthy for myself and help give my family the best chance!
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have an almost 3 year old and an almost 1 year old. I Work a million hours a week (or that what it feels like) and by the time children are in bed I"m shattered. I used to be an avid gym goer, as well as an avid Calorie counter, both of which have gone right out of the window. I saw a video of myself this week and omg... I need to lose those last 10 pregnancy lbs (6 of which I had already lost and now regained) and then another 20lbs to be happy. I find that I never really get "me time", in the evenings I'm too tired to move, my main hobby is experimenting with food and baking, which I can do less of if I'm dieting!
    LOL, what a rant, guess if I restarted diet again today.... You are all welcome to add me, I"m always happy to cheer people on xx
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to 3. 6yo, 4yo and 3yo and I work a corporate job. Feel free to add me ladies!
  • elandralee
    elandralee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a 9month old daughter and I work full time. I gained about 40 lbs while I was pregnant, lost about 30 shortly after her birth, and then gained it all back