Hubby just gave me a push in my motivation!

Options
Just wanted to share my little funny story. So two years ago I was doin good with my weight loss and I threw out all of my fat clothes, so last year when I started to pack on the pounds I went out and bought one pair of jeans to wear because I thought at the time that it was temporary well a year later I am still wearing one pair of jeans. lol. Well today I showed my hubby that I had a tear in the ONE pair of jeans that I have to wear and he took them and made it bigger. Then tells me that I have the option of wearing sweat pants everyday or take my tail to the gym and get myself back into my old jeans. He knows I struggle with it and knows that I am trying and I know he did it just to support me and motivate me and I love him for it. Just wanted to share:happy:

Replies

• jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Just wanted to share my little funny story. So two years ago I was doin good with my weight loss and I threw out all of my fat clothes, so last year when I started to pack on the pounds I went out and bought one pair of jeans to wear because I thought at the time that it was temporary well a year later I am still wearing one pair of jeans. lol. Well today I showed my hubby that I had a tear in the ONE pair of jeans that I have to wear and he took them and made it bigger. Then tells me that I have the option of wearing sweat pants everyday or take my tail to the gym and get myself back into my old jeans. He knows I struggle with it and knows that I am trying and I know he did it just to support me and motivate me and I love him for it. Just wanted to share:happy:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    That is a wonderful story!!! Good for you and good for him for being supportive!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    I remember when my clothes started getting tight about 2 years ago. I was getting ready for work and one of my favorite outfits wouldn't fit me anymore. The pants were sooo tight. So my husband said we could just go get the same pants in a bigger size. I started crying and yelled at him "I will NOT get a bigger size!!" Well that was about 3 sizes ago.....my poor husband.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    My sister bought me pants a size bigger than I am for Christmas. I hope she wasn't sending me a message.:noway: I am having a teacher at school alter them for me but I want to wait a little to see if I will keep losing steadily. :bigsmile:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • jessicasager
    Options
    thats good that you took it in a positive way. i think a couple weeks/months ago i would have been very insulted. it's great you guys have that kind of motivational relationship :)
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    How nice it must be to have a supportive hubby at home...mine tries to be but, just end up sounding mean...Like he will say...you look nice honey, just imagine how much better you'll look if you lose more weight! I love him, but he is not the brightest man when it comes to words...Good for you to have motivation from someone you are so close with! Good luck to you!!!
  • msujdak
    msujdak Posts: 141
    Options
    5 years ago I got tired of hearing my husband complain in front of the mirror every am about how fat and out of shape he was. Unbeknownst to him I signed him up for a Boot Camp program at the health club and he got the call to report for duty the next morning. He has been working out faithfully since, drop 30 pounds and now keeps me on track!
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My hubby is pushing me, too. But the rewards will be worth it. Get to 165...get a manicure. Get to 160...get a pedicure. Get to 150...get a full body massage. Get to 140...get a FULL DAY spa experience! I'm going all the way , baby:wink::happy:
  • cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My husband and I joined the gym together in October, although I had been trying to get in shape for nearly a year. Now that he is on board it is SO much easier - I don't feel bad taking time to go to the gym since he goes with me and the kids go to the play room (and LOVE it). Cooking is easier too...he doesn't want to go out as much as we did. It means so much to have that support!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sometimes all we need is that little push to keep our butts into gear.:happy:

Now Get yourself to that gym and get back into those skinny clothes.

Alisha
  • suprjewels
    Options
    that is awesome! My grams calls my DH a big piece of rope. so you can imagine he doesn't understand the issues with weight and food. However, he has been working out with me each night since right after christmas. It's great to do it together and to get that shove on the nights I just want to curl up in bed. He doesn't let me. I love him for that!