Hello my name is Beth

Options
I actually started to change my eating habits on May 1 and so far have lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. My friend Holly turned me on to this website and so far, have lost 2 lbs in 5 days (this is included in the total 20). With the holiday weekend coming up, I plan on staying with it. It's funny how when I first started using this website, I was conscious of what I was eating and portion control, but not the sugars. Now that I can see how many sugars I was consuming (and really not that much) I have cut that portion back considerably. I still keep my carbs low and in relationship to that, my proteins are always higher than what's required but calories are always lower. I will continue to adjust but it's exciting and I look forward to entering my meals and exercise on the website.

Replies

• iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so awesome with the weight loss, sounds like you have a good start. Welcome to MFP you will find lots of help and support on here!
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I know just what you mean Beth. Before I started on this website I would eat something I thought was bad and feel so guilty about it I would eat light the rest of the day. I thought I was getting too many calories. I couldn't believe how much I was actually starving myself all these years!!! Add me if ya want:)
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    Welcome and it sounds like you are already off to a great start - Keep it up!!! Good luck with your journey!!
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    congrats on the 20 lbs and welcome,
    this site is awesome
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome Beth! And good luck on your weight loss journey!

Katie
  • pebblesa
    pebblesa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello Beth and welcome !! i have been here about 2 weks and I love it !!!