Thoughts on hair style for my new LBD?

Options
Hi all!

So I am headed to a pretty fancy wedding this weekend. I have a new "little black dress" which I feel fabulous in, new heels, and am trying to pick a hairstyle! Cosmo talks about the ballerina bun being chic for a summer style. Does it work on me? Does it make my head look huge!? Or too young? Any thoughts appreciated! I want your honest impressions!

Replies

• TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    change the IMG to lowercase and we can see them right here.
  • determined3138
    Options
    How about a French twist instead? Cute dress - you look great in it!
  • crazyears
    crazyears Posts: 50
    Options
    I think you look fabulous from head to toe!
  • Micheller1210
    Micheller1210 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    wow you look beautiful!! It works for you I think show us other hair styles to compare :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    the dress and shoes are awesome! I think id leave some hair down (as long as the wedding isnt outdoors). It looks a lil too much like a stewardess with it all up. You look like you have great hair....show it off :)
    if your hair holds curl well:
    http://syscomcyber.com/_free/HAIRblogspot/gimages/prom_hair_styles_updos_20111302292356.jpg
    if not:
    http://www.shop4prom.com/photogallery/gallery/CELEBRITY_HAIRSTYLES/claire-danes-long-hairstyle-half-up-half-down-hairstyle-07-682x1024.jpg

to be clear...it doesnt look bad at all! i just think other styles might be prettier :)
  • DulceDollie
    DulceDollie Posts: 115
    Options
    I think you look great!! Try making the bun sleeker and tighter to class it up even more.
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You look really great!! I like this hair style but when I saw your picture I thought that your hair down with some soft curls would look really great too. Also, I think if you do put your hair up maybe wear some long chandelier earrings (I know you didn't ask for opinions on jewelry but I thought I say it anyway...hope you don't mind).
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I LOVE your cat on the bed (totally oblivious to momma's excitement)

That is super cute! (aka you look good!)

Is the wedding indoor or outdoor?

How long is your hair?

I like a multiple inside out twist (it looks like a pseudo fish-bone french braid but NO braiding!) I can't braid my hair on my head)

Get wide hair-bands in your hair color.

1) Then start in small sections from the top of your head (I prefer side bangs, but you don't have to leave bangs)
    frenchbraid1.gif

2) Band it like a ponytail, then gently push your finger under the ponytail (against your head) or use a loop of material or a hair puller
    Topsy-Tail-3.jpg

3) and pull the ponytail inside of itself you should have a twist that looks like this::
    Picture-195.png
    Note the twist WILL be reversed if you flip it up (under) instead of down (over)

4) Do this in big or little sections (I prefer little) all the way from the crown of your head to the base of skull/nape of neck.
    It should resemble a french braid.

5) Depending on how long your hair is you can pull the "tail" back up under the finished braid OR weave/braid it back up in (what I do because I have long/thick hair)

6) Viola! Fancy hair w/o fancy effort and it is fairly weather resistant as well!

If you are wanting a bun on top, you can reverse the above process and it looks SIMILAR to this::
    6a0120a5c8d9a9970c01538f51b52a970b-400wi
    I LOVE this way and always get compliments on both styles =)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of ballerina buns, sorry. If I wear my hair up, it's usually in a loose side swept up-do.

I do love the dress!!!
  • pattycake118
    pattycake118 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think it should be a bit lower, but looks good.
    Or try straightening it, so it's really sleek and shiny and just a basic ponytail would look quite classy as well.

Have a good time!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    If you wear it as you have it, I would suggest dressing it up with hair accessories, maybe a comb with fancy beading or flowers in it... to me the hair looks simpler than the dress. I like it as is, just think it needs something small to dress it up... Have fun at the wedding!
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Cute dress and heels! Your hair's cute too, but it seems like it might be a little high on your head. Personally I think it'd look better if you made the bun more at the nape of your neck and curled some strands around your face some. Have fun at the wedding and know you look fabulous no matter what!
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Try a side braid! Or a fishnet braid which looks so pretty in the magazines but I can never figure out how to do.
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I would do a side pony. Find a barrette to go with the dress. Leave a few wisps out. I'll see if I can find a pic to show you what I'm talking about. :)
  • gnat45
    gnat45 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that style!
  • MissMichellemybelle
    MissMichellemybelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody!

The wedding was wonderful! Found out that the reception was inside (at a country club, so I wasn't sure if indoors/outdoors) thank goodness because it was 95 degrees!

Ended up with hair down and soft curls, but I LOVED all of your suggestions. When I get the time I am definitely going to try a bunch of them! MFP friends are great, love ya'll!