Trying to lose weight but I'm stuck!!!!!

Hi all!

New here but long time attempting to lose weight.
At my heaviest I weighed 17 stone 2.0lbs and I've managed to get down to 15 stone 8.0lbs and for the past year I've been stuck at the same weight!
In desperation I'm joining slimming world and go to the gym three times a week.
Don't eat after 8pm.
However I lose a few lbs and gain it right back.
Anyone else experienced this?
Help and advice welcome!

Replies

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    vesp, emdee and emma gave great answers. Nothing for me to add
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    When you first start out losing weight, especially if you are significantly over weight then you will probably see a drop fairly quickly. This is just things like water weight, sudden change in diet and your body shocked into a new routine.

What's more is that you say 'out of desperation' you joined a gym . . . well, that's setting up for a very unhealthy relationship with exercise. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it sucks but never once have I done it out of desperation. You can lose weight without exercising because it's all about being at a calorie deficit. It's so easy to over eat, and underestimate caloric intake.

I'd say the same as others have said: get a scale, really track your calories. Also if you are having 'cheat' days, you might actually undo all the deficit you have had all week in one day. It's ok to indulge . . . I do, actually I had a brownie sundae last night . . . but not all the time, and you need to make sure you are not undoing everything you have worked hard all week to do.

Best of luck to you :)
  • dlkfox
    dlkfox Posts: 463 Member
    Welcome!

It's all about calories. Get all set up here at MPF. Weigh and log your food intake, and you will see results.