Please help. Carb/sugar free now huge abdominal issues

Options
lane_12
lane_12 Posts: 4 Member
Hello, I was doing the low carb and low sugar diet for a couple months. Was feeling great doing it. Then this weekend fell off the wagon because due to being at picnics and such. I'm now having adoninal pain, a ton of gas, and general discomfort. Could this all be from my food choices this weekend?

Replies

• sstini55
    sstini55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes it probably is the food you ate. I eat really healthy and no added/fake sugars, no processed foods. But if I have a day of bad eating (donut for breakfast, processed foods, fried foods, carb-y foods) I feel exactly how you described. To get over it I drink a lot more water, lots of veggies, and usually eat under my calories for the next day, just because I don't feel hungry. And I tell myself to not do that again. I think what you're experiencing is normal, however if you feel like this for too long it could also be food poisoning, especially if picnic food was left to sit out in the warm weather. If you don't feel better soon or feel worse see a doctor.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Picnic food, hot sun, no real refrigeration! Maybe?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I've heard it called the carb hang over. Those of us who experienced health benefits from going low carb often find we feel pretty poorly when we suddenly go back to our old way of eating. It will go away in a day or two.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    You ate considerably differently than you have been. As such, yes, I'd expect there to be some discomfort.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Your body adjusts and adapts to what you eat and do.

My BF has developed some pretty serious food intolerances by eating healthy 98% of the time over the past few years. He can only indulge after doing a serious race without bad side effects. He gets really bad migraines to the point of puking if he eats a bowl of ice cream after not "earning" it.