35 pounds. Yikes.

Options
I'm 25 years old (quarter century!). I'm so ready to stop being unhealthy and weak. I've always been overweight, I don't want to be the fat kid anymore. So here I am!

I have 35 pounds to lose, I'd like to be able to wear a swimsuit comfortably next summer. I'm turning 26 in the fall and I'm hoping to lose at least 10 pounds by then, but as long as I'm getting healthier I'm happy! I got myself a weight set, so I'm hoping to start weightlifting soon as well, I hear that helps. I also signed up for pole class, I'm nervous but excited for that!

I just started this, one of my friendfriends recommended this site, so I thought I better get some friends to go along with me! I'm up to hear any advice or information.

Thanks! ☆☆☆☆

Replies

• CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You'll find a ton of good information here and an even larger amount of support.
  • emeraldprincess71
    emeraldprincess71 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • keiransefton
    keiransefton Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm new to this anyone got tips
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    -Take it one day at a time
    -Believe in yourself and you are halfway there
    -Be honest when logging
    -Make positive friends
    -Don't compare journeys
  • work_on_it
    work_on_it Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! You can do it! I just did it. This place is great and plenty of helpful people.
  • mekikya
    mekikya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Oh man, you are in for a treat! Pole is so much fun!!! You will get a work out from that! and you will find muscles in places you didn't know you had! Good luck and if you stick with pole, do a few extra sit ups, it will help when you are hanging upside down! Good luck, you can do it!
  • Notaphase
    Notaphase Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great goals! This is the first time I adding serious weightlifting to my weight loss effort and it's made a huge difference. Keep it up with the weights!
  • lcm031
    lcm031 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You sound so like me, I'm 28, 34 lbs to lose and determined to do it this time too! All the very best!